Author Topic: Aerosoft Airbus Doors & General Sound  (Read 472 times)

Flyer1026

Aerosoft Airbus Doors & General Sound
« on: March 29, 2024, 01:02:37 pm »
Good afternoon,

I've recently installed the latest GSX update, usually they all work fine. I'm *very* old school and still operate the Aerosoft Airbus Professional series for P3d V4.5, since the previous update the passenger doors are acting strange when boarding/deboarding. Instead of the normal automatically opening/closing before and post the turn, they are continuing to open and close continuously throughout the boarding and deboarding process - as soon as they close they reopen and open they close. This did not happen prior to the previous 2 Live Updates, although this did happen with an update around November time too and a new LiveUpdate fixed it back then.

Another issue is the cabin sound around boarding & deboarding, this is the same with all the aircraft in my hanger. It's really loud even though I haven't changed any settings at all. Again, this happened back in November time and a LiveUpdate fixed the issue.

I've reinstalled all my FSDT products & Addon Manager, created a new P3d CFG file and still no joy.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aerosoft Airbus Doors & General Sound
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 10:28:13 pm »
Is this happening only with the Aerosoft Airbus?

Flyer1026

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 10:53:07 pm »
At the moment, yes.i haven’t checked others, mainly due to the Aerosoft model having some sort of automatic process when the stairs/jetway attach to the aircraft. Live updates have fixed it in the past, especially the November one.

The sound issue is all over. Tested on Aerosoft Airbus, NGXu and Carenado products.

Thanks!

Flyer1026

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2024, 01:07:05 pm »
Update: On opening P3D, and trying again - I purposely closed Couatl, and the doors immediately stopped acting randomly. This leads me to suggest it is an issue with Couatl, not the aircraft themselves.

Thanks.

Flyer1026

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 01:28:22 am »
Further Update: Clearly established as a Couatl error - given the door problem ONLY exists during the boarding stage of the aircraft, WITH steps WITHOUT a bus or passenger walkway. The moment Couatl is stopped and restarted, the problem ceases.Try GSX again & the problem comes back.

It takes an extremely long time to deboard/board passengers too during this process. This slowness is the same for the NGXu and other products.Yet, with a bus gate, walk in or jetway, no problem at all. I have reinstalled the aircraft multiple times to check & the result is the same.

The sound issue, of overly loud cabin boarding sounds also don’t stop when the boarding is finished.

This was absolutely fine before Version 2.9.5. LiveUpdate Version 2.9.8 (07.04.24) has not fixed the issue.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 02:09:08 am by Flyer1026 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2024, 08:53:13 am »
Update: On opening P3D, and trying again - I purposely closed Couatl, and the doors immediately stopped acting randomly. This leads me to suggest it is an issue with Couatl, not the aircraft themselves.

Please clarify and confirm again: are you seeing doors randomly opening on every airplane? If yes, make a reproducible example, indicating the airplane used, the gate used and the scenery used. If you could do it with a default scenery or an FSDT scenery, it would be easier for us to replicate.

Flyer1026

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2024, 11:28:05 am »
Thanks for the reply.

The long time to board & deboard is universal across all aircraft however teamed with the door issue is unique to the Aerosoft Airbus Professional (tested on A319 & A320) specifically when the option is set with no jetway, no bus or no walk in. If it’s on a jetway, has the bus or passengers walking then all aircraft are absolutely fine.

Tested at FSDT KIAH and various UK2000 sceneries too.

I ran the LiveUpdate yesterday and no change.

Thanks in advance.

Flyer1026

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2024, 11:03:35 pm »
I've made a video highlighting the issue - probably easier to see rather than explain.

As you can see, the issue is present with UK2000 BRS (don't worry about the cart going through the aircraft, that's normal with Stand 6 at BRS) with GSX latest version. As you can see the doors are opening & closing randomly and the boarding process is slow, often starting & stopping. It's a continuous opening of the doors. However, the second I restart Couatl the doors settle. This happened around November time and was resolved in update Version 2.8.5, 2.8.6 or 2.8.7.

Sorry to be a nuisance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2024, 12:28:58 am »
I assume is not happening with other airplanes?

If yes, the Aerosoft Airbus has GSX integration, so it handles the doors reacting to GSX. In FSX/P3D, GSX never tries to automatically operate doors on its own, it's only done by custom code in the airplane code.

Flyer1026

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2024, 05:38:12 pm »
I've pinned it further to boarding only.

The door issue is a problem with the Aerosoft Airbus only. However the slowness of the boarding process & lack of sound cut off is universal across all aircraft.

Unbelievably and somehow a bit strangely, however, I have found a fix by installing GSX Live Update then installing the Dynamic Display engine from Aerosoft's Geneva scenery and it has fixed the problem across the Aerosoft doors and also other aircraft with slow boarding times.