Author Topic: Problem with number of passengers / FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS  (Read 150 times)

stefangr

Problem with number of passengers / FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS
« on: March 28, 2024, 06:51:06 pm »
I am running P3Dv5 with GSX. I am having a Lua script which is setting FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS according to the briefing data of my flight (not Simbrief). This used to be working fine for a long time. For about 3 weeks I am now having the problem that the pax number used by GSX is not the number that is sent to FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS. GSX seems to take a random pax value.

I remember I entered my Simbrief ID in GSX settings some weeks ago, so maybe this is when it started. As I have seen that problem with pax numbers, I removed my Simbrief ID again from the settings, but the problem persists.

Does the Simbrief ID work at all in the P3D version?

Can I also read the variable FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS and not only set it? I am reading it right now after setting it, and I am getting back a nil value and not the number I have set before.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Stefan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with number of passengers / FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 03:50:40 am »
There's a logging feature precisely to debug these issue.

In general, the FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS is set by add-ons, but can also be set by GSX own Simbrief check. If you have an active flight plan on Simbrief, and it matches both the airplane and the airport you are in, it's assumed you want to use it, so it will be set to the value from simbrief.