Author Topic: FS Labs wrong number of passengers  (Read 770 times)

dlh716

FS Labs wrong number of passengers
« on: March 26, 2024, 10:25:16 pm »
Hi there,

I'm contacting you because I had to reinstall Prepar3D a few days ago.

Since this reinstallation, I'm having a problem with GSX.
When I request the boarding of the FS Labs A32X, it asks me manually each time for the number of passengers on board and gives me a random value by default, which is different from the value given by FS Labs.

Attached are the Couatl.log and ATSU.log files with logs of my last flight up to the boarding stage.

I also noticed that, in the Couatl.log file, there is no line containing the number of passengers provided by FS Labs (such as "Number of passengers provided by airplane addon").

I posted a topic on the FS Labs forum as well (https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/34427-wrong-number-of-passengers-with-gsx/), but as I don't really know which side the problem comes from, I allow myself to submit a topic to you as well.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best regards,

Yann
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 11:35:31 pm by dlh716 »

srcooke

Re: FS Labs wrong number of passengers
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 09:09:55 am »
Configure GSX in accordance with the FSL manual.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

dlh716

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 09:16:50 am »
Configure GSX in accordance with the FSL manual.

I have configured GSX exactly as mentioned in the FS Labs A320X Introduction Guide.

srcooke

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 09:22:36 am »
Post a snapshot of your GSX settings or the couatladdons.ini
Regards
Stephen Cooke

dlh716

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 09:41:26 am »
Post a snapshot of your GSX settings or the couatladdons.ini

Here they are.

I've just unchecked the "Estimate passengers number" box in the meantime, so that I can enter the value manually. Otherwise the value chosen automatically, instead of being taken by FS Labs, is unbelievable (usually 4 passengers).

Schlotterknie

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 12:28:15 pm »
I have exactly the same problem...

srcooke

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024, 02:05:22 pm »
@DLH716

I assume you are using INIT-B and Simbrief something I do not do.

The pax load in the ATSU log looks correct, not sure about GSX retrieving the correct data from Simbrief, the Simbrief login is the same in GSX and FSL ?

The estimate pax number should be unticked which for me would load the number from the OFP.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

dlh716

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2024, 02:22:44 pm »
I assume you are using INIT-B and Simbrief something I do not do.

I don't use INIT-B, I get my SimBrief flight plan from the AOC menu > INIT page.

The pax load in the ATSU log looks correct, not sure about GSX retrieving the correct data from Simbrief, the Simbrief login is the same in GSX and FSL ?

Yes, it is.

The estimate pax number should be unticked which for me would load the number from the OFP.

I did the test by ticking and unticking the "Estimate passenger number" box. In both cases, a problem occurs.

You'll find above (in the first post) the Couatl.log file for the unchecked box ("Estimate passenger number" set to OFF, so GSX asks you to enter the passenger number manually).
And attached is the Couatl.log file for the case where the box is checked (it automatically chooses a pax number value that is inconsistent, usually 3/4 passengers).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 02:29:49 pm by dlh716 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2024, 01:45:51 pm »
Your log clearly shows the problem: the FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS LVariable is 0, which means GSX will try to calculate the number of passengers depending on Payload and, since your plane is empty, the number of passengers is very low.

The FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS is normally always set to 0 unless the airplane code itself has set it, to communicate its own figure to GSX so, it seems for whatever reason, the variable hasn't been set by the airplane code.

dlh716

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2024, 01:55:35 pm »
Your log clearly shows the problem: the FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS LVariable is 0, which means GSX will try to calculate the number of passengers depending on Payload and, since your plane is empty, the number of passengers is very low.

The FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS is normally always set to 0 unless the airplane code itself has set it, to communicate its own figure to GSX so, it seems for whatever reason, the variable hasn't been set by the airplane code.

Okay, I see.
This is consistent with regard to the automatic calculation of the number of passengers from the payload.

But do you have any idea why the FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS variable wasn't set by the airplane?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2024, 02:07:42 pm »
But do you have any idea why the FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS variable wasn't set by the airplane?

No idea, as I've said, that variable is either set by the airplane code OR by GSX IF there's a Simbrief plan active, and the variable hasn't been set by the airplane code already. Basically, the airplane code always has the last saying about that variable: if it's not 0, GSX won't touch it.

It's not even reset to 0 if the Couatl engine restarts, precisely to prevent GSX to "forget" the number of passengers set by Simbrief or the airplane if you restart it for any reason.

dlh716

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2024, 03:05:14 pm »
And so what am I supposed to do? Ask FS Labs because the problem would come from their side? Reinstall GSX? …
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 03:51:12 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2024, 03:56:30 am »
And so what am I supposed to do? Ask FS Labs because the problem would come from their side? Reinstall GSX? …

Not sure why you are asking about reinstalling GSX. If the variable is set by the airplane code, how reinstalling GSX would make any difference?

There are only two cases where the variable is set by GSX and are:

- When GSX starts, or restarts, or you switch airplane, it resets to 0.

- If a flightplan on Simbrief is accepted, it will be set to the number of passengers from Simbrief. According to your log, even if you have a Simbrief username, the flightplan hasn't been used, because the airplane ICAO code hasn't been set in the airplane profile, so the whole procedure was skipped, meaning GSX has NOT set the variable to 0.

dlh716

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2024, 08:03:36 am »
Yes, I understand the idea, but my question is how to fix the problem?

I exchanged several messages with FS Labs support yesterday, we looked at everything from A to Z (configuration, version of GSX and FSL, connection with SimBrief...). They have no idea of the source of the problem either. Everything is configured correctly on both sides.

Link to the topic on the FSL forum if you'd like to have a look: https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/34427-wrong-number-of-passengers-with-gsx/

It's crazy that everything is configured correctly but it doesn't work.

Hence my question: if I uninstall and reinstall FS Labs and GSX, is there any chance that this will solve the problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2024, 10:27:25 pm »
Hence my question: if I uninstall and reinstall FS Labs and GSX, is there any chance that this will solve the problem?

I don't think reinstalling GSX would make any difference. The key issue is you are not getting this line in the log:

"Number of passengers provided by addon is ..."

GSX writes this, when it sees the FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS LVar is not 0, which tells GSX it should not try to figure out the number of passengers, but should take it from an external app. Instead, your log shows the variable IS 0, so GSX reverts to the default calculation based on payload.

As I've said, the only time where the variable can be written by GSX, is when reading a Simbrief flightplan, which wasn't your case, since your log shows Simbrief wasn't used because your airplane doesn't have an ICAO code in its profile. And even if Simbrief was used (it wasn't) for the variable to be 0, it would have required a flightplan with 0 passengers anyway.

Do you have something to check the value of the LVariable yourself, like Lorby's Axes and Ohs or FSUIPC? You might be able to monitor the value of FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS, and see if it ever gets set correctly and/or, when it goes back to 0.