Author Topic: 3d grass removal  (Read 6339 times)

JoseAlbanez

3d grass removal
« on: May 24, 2010, 11:45:01 pm »
Hi Virtuali;

Thank you for your great sceneries. I am having issues with my system displaying FLL correctly and was wondering if there is a way to remove the 3d grass from being displayed.
I would also help if i could remove some termac vehicles.

let me know which bgl file contain these features

Thanks

Jose

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 3d grass removal
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 11:47:56 pm »
Which issues you have, exactly ?

JoseAlbanez

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:24:49 pm »
there is a great deal of stutter being experienced while on finals take off and taxiing...the issue becomes more agravated the closer you get to the terminals. I have already used the texture reducer which worked wonders in LAS LSGG and ZRH.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 12:58:10 am »
It's surely nothing to do with the grass, which is just a bunch of polygons. If you already used the textures resizer, there's not much else you can do, other than just reducing the Scenery Complexity slider.

In any case, there's no separate .BGL for the grass. You can have an idea how the grass is impacting performances, because there's an optimization that automatically switches it off over a certain altitude (about 200 mt from ground). However, it's just specific to grass because, even 3d taxiway signs will also switch off at that altitude so, it would be difficult to estimate how much are impacting each one (although, it's surely more the 3d taxi signs)