Author Topic: SU-15 Beta - GSX reports inactive SOLVED  (Read 187 times)

JetNoise

SU-15 Beta - GSX reports inactive SOLVED
« on: March 18, 2024, 12:15:05 pm »
Hi,
just a FYI, (Betas not supported ;-)

with the latest SU15 Beta Update AND / OR the latest GSX update, GSX (Couatl) is reporting inactive in Sim.
3rd party FLOW icon is missing and when hovering over the Placeholder, it says GSX inactive. GSX icon is also missing from the default MSFS Menu Bar.

Nevertheless COUATL icon in taskbar is there !!
Additional Observation: The volume slider for COUATL inside MSFS Volume control is popping in and out, as it was reloading COUATL (service)

LOG attached

Oliver
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 05:29:45 pm by JetNoise »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SU-15 Beta - GSX reports inactive
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 03:38:39 pm »
Beta 15 is fully supported by GSX, which is all that we are using for the past month or so. But we can't guarantee that you a starting GSX from a 3rd party toolbar would work.

Also, the Toolbar menu and the Couatl engine are completely unrelated with one another. An issue with the menu cannot affect the Couatl engine, and vice-versa, anything that could possibly happen with the Couatl engine cannot possibly affect the menu so, according to your report, you are probably having two separate problems at once, which we can't replicate to be happening so no, it's not the Beta, unless you had issues with something like an incomplete installation of the Beta itself.

As usual, once you verified that:

- The Addon Manager folder is added to the antivirus Exclusions

- You are on the latest GSX Update.

There's not much else left to say, considering you haven't reported of any visible errors or posted any startup log, which is the first thing to do when reporting a problem.

The only thing I can confirm: no issues whatsoever with Beta 15.

JetNoise

Re: SU-15 Beta - GSX reports inactive - SOLVED
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 05:29:14 pm »
Dear Virtuali,

thank you for your response.
I had the Setup verify my install and it was ok. Still it didn't work.
So i did a full very clean re-install, also deleting files in
C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages.

Back in business now again.  Maybe the latest update had bugged my setup somehow.

I'll see if the other issue with GSX crashing sometime during flights (others reporting the same) has solved as well ....

CIAO
Oliver