Author Topic: handlers code not working since 2.9.5  (Read 196 times)

Aumkem

handlers code not working since 2.9.5
« on: March 13, 2024, 11:44:25 pm »
Hello,
Since last MSFS udpate 1.36.2 (available and done today) and the last GSX 2.9.5 update (done today) , it don't read any more handlers codes but back again to airline codes..
I have changed everthing in many of my airports because it has changed from your side.

Can you do something so it can read back again "handlers codes" please
Thanks
Regards

Aumkem

Re: handlers code not working since 2.9.5
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 11:53:57 pm »
Hi team,
I found that some airline codes are still here .
Because you desactivated them , i have set all handler codes.

But it seems that since V2.9.5 ; airlines codes are back to work and take the lead on handling codes.

Can you please make "handling codes" to have the priority so it can help us a lot to not redo all our GSX profiles ones again .
Thanks a lot !
kind regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: handlers code not working since 2.9.5
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 11:44:52 pm »
We haven't changed anything, the scoring rules are always the same, we only fixed an issue with the catering rules, not the handlers.

As a general rule, you should never rely on airline codes in a parking to control the scoring because, after SU12, GSX doesn't read the airport .BGL anymore so, airline codes won't be read from the scenery anymore, even if they ARE present in the scenery, because they are not supplied by the Navdata API.

It's much better if you set the proper operators explicitly, so you won't be dependent on airline codes that might be missing, changing or even be wrong.