Author Topic: GSX Pro Mystery  (Read 283 times)

Doc_Z

GSX Pro Mystery
« on: March 12, 2024, 12:02:10 am »
Fpr some reason, GSX Pro has stopped working.  If I try to open it in MSFS, the loading screen just spins for a minute or two and then quits.  Trying to open again, it just quits almost immediately.  Restarted Couti but same thing occurs in same order.  Ran FSDT update twice without success.  Opened installer and it said there was a new version available (of  course, there is never any n otification of an update).  Installed the update, no joy.  Relinked, no changes.  Hav en't added anything new with the exception of some Fenix liveries, which shouldn't have any affect on GSX. 

Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro Mystery
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 12:26:55 pm »
Opened installer and it said there was a new version available (of  course, there is never any n otification of an update).

What do you mean by "notification"? Some kind of Windows pop-up that runs in the background and checks for updates even if you don't run the installer? If you open the installer, you can recognized there's an update in two ways:

- The online version number displayed is higher than the one you installed

AND

- The "Check" button will read "Update" instead.

Any ideas?

Not possible to give a proper answer without a diagnostic log but, before doing anything else, try an update again, because we had another fix today that won't show up with a new version number, but should have solved an error on startup that has been reported in other posts of the forum.

Doc_Z

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 06:40:14 pm »
Ran updater, no change.  Downloaded standalone updater, ran it. Ran FSDT updater again, which updated GSX Pro despite my having run the standalone.   

Working!

Where to I get diagnostic log for future reference?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 11:59:35 pm »
Look at Page 34 of the manual, the Troubleshooting chapter.