Author Topic: AFCAD, AI Traffic & Assigned Parking at KCLT  (Read 550 times)

USA5775

AFCAD, AI Traffic & Assigned Parking at KCLT
« on: February 08, 2024, 07:37:44 pm »
Hi all, I wanted to give praise to the scenery of KCLT as I am a local resident and applaude the accuracy. One thing I do struggle with is the lack of accurate parking for AI to keep the realisim that matches visually with the airport. Living here locally I know that 99% of the B-D gates are American and E is American Eagle. All other airlines utilize Terminal A. I had a couple of questions to see if anyone in the community could help.

1) Does anyone have an updated AFCAD for **MSFS2020** with updated parking assignments actually input at gates/ramps for KCLT? After extensive research, it IS possible for ai traffic programs such as FSLTL to utilize specific parking at specific gates. I tested this theory out on my own with editing a default airport in ADE Alpha 21 and loading up the sim. They do use assigned parking just as the old logic in FSX. I am also well aware that I could have did the same with the FSDT KCLT afcad however, because I am not the original creator, I know there would be important missing libraries, etc. not included in my edited afcad. I know it would only be for my personal use, I did not want to lose the lovely quality either.

2) If someone does not have a updated AFCAD including the airline codes at the correct gates, would FSDT be able to input such update? I am not actually requesting any changes to the scenery accept for inputting Gates B.."AAL", Gates E.. "AALX" etc. This will incredibly help with those of use who use the freeware FSLTL. I have actually figured out if airline parking codes are added to the FSLTL aircraft they WILL follow if a parking code is assigned to a gate.

I also would like to add. I am a scenery developer as well so I understand the difference between GSX profiles and atc gate code parking. GSX profiles only cover what airlnes load AT the respective gate however not WHERE the ai plane parks as that is MSFS logic not GSX.

Again...MSFS2020 DOES use atc code parking, it just has to be added.

Thanks FSDT for making such a great scenery for our local airport. Truly the best in the market.

Best,

-KBS