Author Topic: Feature request: search field in the GSX menu  (Read 758 times)

Atrius

Feature request: search field in the GSX menu
« on: February 05, 2024, 02:34:57 pm »
Sometimes it takes time to find the correct stand. To make this process more user friendly and efficient, a search field would be great.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Feature request: search field in the GSX menu
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 01:15:13 am »
I suggest checking if that airport has a custom profile that comes with a .PY file, which allows profile creators to group parking spots in more reasonable and easy to use groups, so you won't have to scroll through many pages of gates.

Atrius

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 06:02:34 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately none of the profiles i'm using come with a .py file.
I'd appreciate a more universal way to quickly choose stand instead of relying on profile creators. I could make the profiles myself, but that takes way too long.

Major airports like ENGM where i frequently fly for example have loads of possible parking spots, sometimes split into 4-5 different groups that sometimes isn't very logical. A simple search for "18" or "medium" would really speed up the process.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 11:27:22 pm »
Major airports like ENGM where i frequently fly for example have loads of possible parking spots, sometimes split into 4-5 different groups that sometimes isn't very logical.

Please clarify exactly which scenery is that, so we can see if anybody made a good profile for it, or we might start a request on GSX creators channel on Discord, where lots of profile creators usually meet.

Atrius

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 02:19:54 pm »
ENGM was just an example. The specific airport is not the point here.
Anyway, i use the scenery by hergi1234, together with the GSX profile from Northwind. Both from flightsim.to.