Author Topic: What Folder for license.xml?  (Read 175 times)

bilson

What Folder for license.xml?
« on: February 05, 2024, 12:18:10 am »
I have a new computer and received a new license.xml for GSX.  The License Activation states to copy it to the application folder, humm, I wonder what that folder might be?  I'm still using FSX-SE and upon the installation of GSX with GXS Level 2 Expansion, I ran FSX and received the Trial 4 location window, so I exited and restarted  FSX. GSX worked correctly one time then reverted back to the trial.  From there I found the License Activation program and registered the new computer.  So does anybody know what the application folder might be?  I have copied the file into all possible folders that I could find that had anything to do with GSX.

Thanks for reading and possibly sending me the solution.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: What Folder for license.xml?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 01:53:01 am »
We don't use the license.xml file and I'm not even sure how it's even used, it's likely some feature that is used by other products that use QLM/Soraco, so you must have bumped in it for some reason, but it's not something you are supposed to have normally.

The one and only way to activate our products is with the "Activate" button of the FSDT Installer OR the Activate function in the Addon Manager.

The likely reason why your activation doesn't stay doesn't have anything to do with the license.xml, it's usually caused by running FSX in a wrong Compatibility mode (like XP/Vista/Windows 7) under Windows 10/11 or, possibly, using the unsupported Windows 7, for which we have Sticky a post explaining how it *might* work, but we don't offer any support for it.

If you use a supported OS, FSX should not run in any Compatibility mode, which is how is installed.

Another possible reason why the activation doesn't stay, is if your Windows user account has limited permissions. The easiest solution would be in this case to give admin permission to your user.