Author Topic: Livery assignments at gates  (Read 589 times)

Papagiorgio

Livery assignments at gates
« on: January 23, 2024, 09:05:18 pm »
I have noticed that at terminal 3, which is basically American, that I often see quite a few of United aircraft there.  Are the gate assignments correct?  If not, can I change them myself?  I use FSTL the payware airports, they are usally correct.  United in terminal one is correct for United and there are no problems there.
Pqapagiorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Livery assignments at gates
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 09:45:02 pm »
I have noticed that at terminal 3, which is basically American, that I often see quite a few of United aircraft there.  Are the gate assignments correct?

Of course they are correct. There isn't a single gate in all E, F, G, H, K, L and M Concourses which has any UAL codes. Conversely, UAL is set to ALL gates of the B and C Concourses, as they it should so yes, the scenery is absolutely accurate.

I use FSTL the payware airports, they are usally correct.  United in terminal one is correct for United and there are no problems there.

I don't know how FSTL works and how it controls airline assignments on gates, or it relies on the MSFS own logic so, it must be one of these cases:

- If FSTL uses the Navdata API, it can't get airline codes, since they are not provided with Simconnect, the only way to get them is to open the airport .BGL, which I doubt it does, otherwise it won't work with Markeplace airports.

- If FSTL reads the airport .BGL, it can obtain the airline codes of the scenery, so it's its job being sure they are used correctly, with the caveat it won't work with Marketplace airports.

- If FSTL doesn't try to assign airlines to gates and it relies on MSFS internal logic, it's very well known the MSFS internal logic is not reliable and it's not even certain airline codes are used, but if they are, they are the least important priority, with other things like parking radius or type taking precedence.

Papagiorgio

Re: Livery assignments at gates
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 07:56:09 pm »
Thank you,

Papagiorgio