Author Topic: At least two regular issues: thumbnails and pushback  (Read 1077 times)

fslogin

At least two regular issues: thumbnails and pushback
« on: January 04, 2024, 05:10:49 pm »
Hello,

I used to use GSX (Level 2) regularly but for some time now it hasn't been working properly under P3Dv4 (Windows 10).
The problems I'm reporting here are still observed after the last update (2.9.0), and even though I've just tried a new installation.

1. Regularly, but not always, and even during the same game session, when I open the menu to configure airports, the thumbnails are not visible (see photo). I should point out that I've already excluded the Addon manager folder from the antivirus scan.

2. The pushback configuration in the airport configuration menu doesn't work: when I set Disabled, the vehicle is still present; when I set Towbar, GSX sometimes displays the Towbarless vehicle (and vice versa).

3. Less serious, but if I set Disabled for pushback, and choose option 5. in the GSX menu (Prepare for pushback and departure), I get an error.

I should point out that I've tested this at many different airports.

Thanks for any help!

fslogin

Re: At least two regular issues: thumbnails and pushback
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 07:43:45 pm »
Furthermore, after pushback, I have no "Return to Gate" option and the truck do not return to its initial position (and uses a strange and long path before it stops)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 08:15:04 pm »
Furthermore, after pushback, I have no "Return to Gate" option and the truck do not return to its initial position (and uses a strange and long path before it stops)
This one I can confirm. I started another post about it a while ago, but what I've noticed is the option is only available starting with the third pushback slot, which is a custom slot. The two default slots don't have that option.

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,31011.0.html
Captain Kevin

fslogin

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 09:01:30 pm »
This one I can confirm. I started another post about it a while ago, but what I've noticed is the option is only available starting with the third pushback slot, which is a custom slot. The two default slots don't have that option.

Thanks for your answer. I tried a custom slot at LDDU (Gate 1) but the option to return to gate is not available.
Could you try to validate (or not) the other issues I reported?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 02:35:35 am »
Thanks for your answer. I tried a custom slot at LDDU (Gate 1) but the option to return to gate is not available.
Just to be clear, you had three pushback options at that gate and you selected the third one?
Could you try to validate (or not) the other issues I reported?
No issues on my end for any of them.
Captain Kevin

fslogin

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2024, 12:02:15 am »
Just to be clear, you had three pushback options at that gate and you selected the third one?
I tried with #3 on GSX menu (which is QuckEdit Pushback) and with #4, a custom Pushback slot... Same conclusion.

No issues on my end for any of them.
Thanks. I don't understand why these issues on my PC. It's very boring; is the company really still interested in P3D?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 12:06:21 am by fslogin »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2024, 04:12:39 am »
I tried with #3 on GSX menu (which is QuckEdit Pushback) and with #4, a custom Pushback slot... Same conclusion.
I guess I forgot about the quick edit pushback option since I never use it. And just to be clear, when you selected the custom pushback slot, you completed the pushback and set the parking brakes? One other thing to note is you need to set GSX, so that it asks you to confirm good engine start. If you don't do this, the option won't appear.
Thanks. I don't understand why these issues on my PC. It's very boring; is the company really still interested in P3D?
If any P3D product still receives updates here, it would actually be GSX, so yes, things do still get updated.
Captain Kevin

fslogin

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2024, 06:26:02 pm »
I guess I forgot about the quick edit pushback option since I never use it. And just to be clear, when you selected the custom pushback slot, you completed the pushback and set the parking brakes? One other thing to note is you need to set GSX, so that it asks you to confirm good engine start. If you don't do this, the option won't appear.
In fact, it works now that I've activated the Confirm good engine start option (I had disabled it because I use Self-loading cargo).

When I say it works, it's not quite true... I can see the option to return to the door, but when I click on it, I get the error message below:
problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\pushBack.py", line 1095, in do
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'pushBackContact' referenced before assignment
{'Airport': 'LFST', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate G 1', 'User Pos': (48.544679736561385, 7.629039712362835, 156.371 m, 2.44674 m, 278.25611671074984, 0.011344640515744686, 0.011344640515744686, 0.0, 2.5511759651184085, 1.0)}
GSX SimStop

fslogin

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2024, 02:37:03 pm »
Hello!
I've noticed that my post, like most posts over the last few days, hasn't received any response from the GSX designers. Do you know if there's a problem or if this is the end of support via the forum?
See you!

Supera380

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2024, 03:08:19 pm »
Hi fslogin,

Support is via this forum. I am not aware of a ticketing system.

Umberto is around today. He has posted a couple of replies in the General Discussion forum.

I expect he was taking a well deserved holiday break. I am sure you will hear from him shortly.

fslogin

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2024, 09:22:53 pm »
OK. Thanks for your anwser.
I can confirm that these issues are still active with 2.9.1:
  • Regularly, but not always, and even during the same game session, when I open the menu to configure airports, the thumbnails are not visible (see photo). I should point out that I've already excluded the Addon manager folder from the antivirus scan.
  • The pushback configuration in the airport configuration menu doesn't work: when I set Disabled, the vehicle is still present; when I set Towbar, GSX sometimes displays the Towbarless vehicle (and vice versa).
  • 3. Less serious, but if I set Disabled for pushback, and choose option 5. in the GSX menu (Prepare for pushback and departure), I get an error. This is solved!

fslogin

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2024, 01:06:16 pm »
Any chance to have an answer from the staff?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2024, 02:19:12 pm »
Any chance to have an answer from the staff?

Do you only have P3D4 and, if yes, is this happening only with P3D4 ?

fslogin

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2024, 06:45:40 pm »
Yes, I only use/have P3Dv4.

fslogin

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2024, 08:42:55 pm »
Need another information?