Author Topic: Land warping issues RWY 27C and TWY PP  (Read 559 times)

AlphaMA1

Land warping issues RWY 27C and TWY PP
« on: December 28, 2023, 01:00:57 pm »
Hi FSDT Team

I seem to be seeing these land warping issues on taxiway PP around runway 27C and the General Aviation apron. Some taxiway signs and blast fences are floating in the air also.

No other areas of the airport seem affected.

Asobo KORD is uninstalled, no airport texture improvement packages are installed, KORD gates are disabled in GSX.

Any ideas or suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Kind regards,
Marek

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Land warping issues RWY 27C and TWY PP
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2023, 09:46:07 pm »
I checked, and this doesn't happen here, it seems you have conflicting scenery, and it's likey the Asobo KORD.

The most telling picture is the one with the jetblasts close to the PP PP1> sign, see the attached screenshot how it normally looks like. In yours, in addition to the terrain warping, you have two set of jetblasts, one of them not belonging to our scenery.

The Asobo KORD (or any other default scenery) is not exactly intuitive to remove: if you remove the package manually, it will be downloaded again automatically on the next start, the only way to remove it and not having come back again, is to remove it from the Content Manager, then restart the sim.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 09:48:08 pm by virtuali »

AlphaMA1

Re: Land warping issues RWY 27C and TWY PP
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023, 02:55:03 am »
Thank you for looking into this and responding so swiftly.

I've got it all sorted now and am happy to confirm that no land warping exists anymore.

The solution, in case others have a similar problem, is to do with the list view in the content manager as per my screenshot.
The content manager seems to default to what I would describe as "package view". When searching for Chicago it lists the Deluxe Upgrade as an option, giving the impression you want to uninstall the whole Deluxe package when you really just one want to uninstall one airport.

Changing the view to "list view" will list the individual packages, allowing me to select the Asobo KORD package and remove it. After that, when going to package view again, Deluxe Upgrade now shows as "partially installed", because I removed the KORD package. Following this, the land warping has disappeared.

Thanks for looking into this and for your support.