Author Topic: Panels and buttons  (Read 8184 times)

SUBS17

Panels and buttons
« on: January 16, 2008, 06:20:30 am »

Can you guys please list all of the buttons on all of the panels and their functions? I was also wondering if you could please list the detailed startup and shutdown procedure as the current one in FSX doesn't show the button locations and especially the shutdown it mentions some buttons which don't appear to be in the pit? ??? BTW the Hornet pit is outstanding.

SUBS17

Re: Panels and buttons
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 01:16:29 am »
I've noticed an annoying bug with the Flight path marker in the HUD it bounces around when you're on finals to the carrier. It should really be following the aircrafts flight path according to HUD footage from Hornets.
&feature=related

crim3

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 08:48:37 am »
The flight path marker bounces around becaouse it's following the aircraft's flight path through turbulent air. That's due to the weather settings of that mission. It's done this way to make it more challenge. With better weather conditions or cleared weather that wouldn't happen.

Cool video! and very instructive. Lots of numbers can be seen.

crim3

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 10:00:46 am »
I've been watching some more videos. In a comment a pilot explains that the carrier qualification takes 2 years! An average person can get the ppl in a few months, and they are already highly qualified military pilots. Imagine how complex it is  :o
It's scary how tiny is the standard pattern is. They are almost over the carrier when they turn to final.

SUBS17

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 02:28:24 am »
The flight path marker bounces around becaouse it's following the aircraft's flight path through turbulent air. That's due to the weather settings of that mission. It's done this way to make it more challenge. With better weather conditions or cleared weather that wouldn't happen.

Cool video! and very instructive. Lots of numbers can be seen.

I don't think the FPM bounces IRL to turbulence I haven't seen any vids where one of them bounces.

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 05:47:49 am »
it doesnt bounce. anyone else noticed the ILS on the hud? how do i set it for the carrier? is it even possible on FS?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 02:08:55 pm by fael097 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 04:47:12 pm »
No, ILS on carriers are not possible in FSX, because there's no support for a navigation aid that moves. I know that Microsoft is aware of the issue. Perhaps it might be a new feature for future FS releases.

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 04:48:41 pm »
I know that Microsoft is aware of the issue. Perhaps it might be a new feature for future FS releases.
cheers