Author Topic: F/A- 18 Startup procedure is not real  (Read 13384 times)

alemugny

F/A- 18 Startup procedure is not real
« on: January 19, 2008, 08:45:06 pm »
I working on the F/A-18 for the Swiss Air Force and i can say the procedure for start the engine in FSX is not correct.

The right procédure is:

1. Battery on
2. APU ON
3. Engine crank Right after the right engine start the Switch come again in the middle position.
4. Engine crank Leftt after the Leftt engine start the Switch come again in the middle position.
5. The apu is automatic shut after 10 min

Note: The caution APU ACCUM come if the APU accumulator is to low (under 3000 psi) or empty.
         In FSX this caution come if show turn the APU to off pisition is false.

Can you correct this problem for more realism ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: F/A- 18 Startup procedure is not real
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 08:48:11 pm »
Any improvement to anything included in Acceleration has to be done by Microsoft.

The startup sequence is done according to how FSX normally works, there's no specific F/A-18 programming.

SUBS17

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 02:49:44 am »
So much easier than an F-16 its like getting in a car and turning the key. ;D

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 01:07:28 pm »
id rather have other things working like RALT than a more realistic startup procedure..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 04:44:41 pm »
To make things like RALT working, we would need some additional help from FSX engine like, in this case, being able to know the ground alt reasonably in advance (a certain point in front of the airplane), in order to give the needed reaction time to the autopilot, and that data is not available.

SUBS17

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 09:19:48 pm »
Is the INS modeled?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 09:25:13 pm »
Is the INS modeled?

You can navigate point-to-point, loading a flight plan made with the FSX standard flight planner. Have a look at the topic "Flight Planning Tutorial"

SUBS17

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 09:32:50 pm »
Yeah I'm just comparing the startup to Falcon 4s F-16 where we have to wait 8mins for the INS to allign. I'm quite sure IRL the F/A-18A also probably has to wait for its INS to allign prior to moving. I know that some FS aircraft have INS and require time to allign although it probably doesn't effect the navigation as bad as F4s if you decide not to allign it correctly which makes NAV very inaccurate in the sim. Should also be able to make corrections inflight for waypoints.