Author Topic: Sludge Hornet Modifications  (Read 196150 times)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
Re: Sludge Hornet Modifications
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 11:13:32 am »
...improve the resolution of the existing cockpit would be great...

Unfortunately increased resolution (from 1024 to 2048 pix) doesn't improve in-game image that much. When painting in an editor small letters do look crisp but in VC they appear somewhat blurred. (hud.jpg) In the original resolution mid-sized letters are ok (buno.jpg)
Anyways it's possible to change overall cockpit appearance, remove chips and make it more fresh painted... (like chaff dispencer button - disp.jpg) 8)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:17:05 am by fsxnavypilot »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

wilycoyote4

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 08:54:27 pm »
...............but in VC they appear somewhat blurred. (hud.jpg) ......

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1197.0  Does this affect appearance of the HUD ? 

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2010, 03:39:10 pm »
To all...

The Sludge Hornet, v1.1 was released today.  You can find it on my sig or at:  http://flightsim.com/file.php?cm=SEARCH1&fsec=89&fname=sludgehornetmodification_v1_1.zip

Enjoy.

Later
Sludge

frenchie88

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2010, 05:35:43 pm »
Nice one Sludge!

wilycoyote4

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2010, 08:39:14 pm »
downloading now, thanks

usaf ret

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2010, 10:20:22 pm »
Do you need to remove the previous installation prior to loading the modification?

SUBS17

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2010, 10:53:53 pm »
Wow 51mb there must be some serious modifications here good stuff Sludge.

Tregarth

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2010, 12:39:15 am »

Dear Sludge,

Thank you for some very good work, your holiday has obviously paid dividends.

I have printed your ReadMe, can you please explain

"TO INSTALL "MEATBALL" LIGHTS FIX AND BETTER DANTES STROBE/BEACON LIGHTS FOR SLUDGE HORNETS:
- Recommend download/install DFLIGHTS.zip from flightsim.com, as the Sludge Hornet uses the beacon/
  strobe lights from that modification. And, the included "halo.bmp" helps light definition
  as well as using a value of 1.3 on the FSX.CFG light scalars will make the Meatball far easier
  to breakout and discern each light individually."

The only DANTE I know of had an inferno, is this the same one?  I have downloaded DFLIGHTS.zip, but I don't see a file called halo.bmp

I guess that to add the IFLOLS into the T-45 I simply copy the file into the equivalent sub-folder in the T-45 main folder.  Is this right?

Thanks again, I may contact you soon to arrange a check flight, if that is OK with you.

Tregarth

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2010, 01:11:08 am »
Frenchie and Wily...  Thanks, it was a while coming, and hopefully worth it to everyone.

USAF Ret...  Yes, with the Sludge Hornet I always recommend a fully CLEAN INSTALL.  Simply delete the previous versions, then download/install the new one per the README file.  Will eliminate most problems, and will make it easier for me to help you if you need my support.

SUBS...  Yes, there's alot in there.  Some stuff I couldnt add (no permissions) to the original release and stuff that just got made (UFC "BlackBox/Betty" and IFLOLS, much thanks to Serge "FSXNP" Luzin).  So I had to put it all together, make the README.txt, and error check it.  Long, tedious, pain-in-the-#$$ process, but its out there now...

Tre... The "halo.bmp" file should be in that package, along with instructions about where to install it.  On the T-45, a partial yes.  You need to copy the .cab over into the Panel folder, but also, you'll have to modify the panel.cfg file to include entries so that the .xml gauge is recognized and applied.  You have the T-45 with JR's newer Realistic HUD right? We will have to meet on Skype sometime and get you setup, then we can take a buddy flight again...

Again, many thanks to all involved on this board... especially Serge (FSXNP Inc. genius), Ray "svicar" Gagnon for his "Grunge Sludge" paint, and all the people here for their inputs and help.

For anybody needing any help, or something not working, feel free to PM, IM, email, or Skype me anytime.

Later
Sludge

Tregarth

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2010, 01:19:54 am »
Sludge,

Found it, it is in the Texture folder.  If you ever need someone to proof read for you, I will be very willing to make a contribution to show appreciation for what all of you do.

Thanks

Tregarth

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2010, 01:32:02 am »
Bravo and many thanks to you, Sludge, and all those who contributed their time and talent towards the production of this great package! ;D ;D ;D Loved it so much that after some minor editing I substituted the default F-18 with "Sludge Hornet". Although I and very greatful for this modification I hope that it won't be the last.

Great package!

Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

usaf ret

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2010, 01:33:44 am »
thanks sludge.  Kind of suspected that but wanted to make sure.  Wasn't sure if it was just an update or totally new.  Always like to check first. tks...

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2010, 01:41:50 am »
Much thanks fellers...

Well, hope everyone enjoys it, thats why I do this... and of course, so we can trap like crazy (and realistically as possible in FSX)!  Its good to hear the enthusiasm and Im happy to have it finally out there.

Just wish I had FSX modeling skillz, because right now, thats the hold up to getting us a collimated HUD.  Absolutely CANNOT DO IT without the remodeling/re-animating of the decompiled Hornet interior model.  And I mean, you have to re-model everything ("mousepoints", buttons, animations, and anything that moves) in the interior model before HUD collimation work can begin.

Anyway, since this is done and will be a while before any major releases come from me, the only thing I have to ask... try to find a real life 3D game modeler who would help me re-animate the default model, so we can get a collimated HUD.  I will even pay the guy well for any help given!

Later
Sludge

Herbie

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2010, 07:34:52 pm »
Thank You Sludge for the mod. About Tanker: KC-135T2.ZIP this is only a modification to KC-135T1..
      KC-135T v1.9 Patch

This is a patch for "KC-135T v1.85 for FS2002/2004", filename "kc-135t1.zip". This installer presumes you have it installed in "...Aircraft\KC-135T" folder. If you installed the original package in different folder, you will have to overwrite old files manually. My question:
Do we need the KC-135T1 installed first or did your installation keep care of it? I started Sludge F18 at KSEA on the ground: got RAD blinking in the hud. How do I set it to default to Alt without going to Shift+2 every time a load the plane?. Herb

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2010, 01:02:45 am »
Herbie...

I would say just delete your current KC-135 package (or just cut/paste it from your FSX/SIMOBJECTS/AIRPLANES folder and move it to your desktop, or wherever?). Then download/install the KC-135T.zip stand-alone tanker that I have in my sig.  This is a culmination of several KC-135's thats been made flyable for FSX with minimal installation difficulties.  It doesnt have an installer, but has decent instructions, so that you can manually install it.  It doesnt need any updates, as they have already been incorporated into the aircraft folder.  Also, there is only 1 version, the Navy Drogue in the package, but if you install it and you want the airforce boom version , I still have those files, so I can send them to ya.

Hope that helps

Later
Sludge