Author Topic: Sludge Hornet Modifications  (Read 197274 times)

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
Re: Sludge Hornet Modifications
« Reply #345 on: October 12, 2010, 11:38:39 pm »
Sludge, maybe it is your screenshot and my monitor but I think the initial 'fog' is TOO BRIGHT. Probably need to see it in action and may be just an artefact of screenshot. Whatever. ;D
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #346 on: October 12, 2010, 11:40:52 pm »
Spaz...

Initial FOG?  You mean the LEX Vapor?

Later
Sludge

SpazSinbad

• A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #347 on: October 12, 2010, 11:41:53 pm »
Lex Vapor - yep - that is it. ;D Could not think of what to call it at time.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #348 on: October 12, 2010, 11:48:46 pm »
Spaz...

OK, will keep that in mind... I think if I make it between whats there now, and what I released in the TC1, it should come out as a best middle case scenario that most everyone likes.

The reason I "upped" the alpha values, is that Raz and Ben (just to name a few) told me the Vapor was too transparent, so I sent this out and seemed to be OK.

Definately try it out on your system, do a screen shot, and post it.  Also, if any OTHERS have an opinion, post it... thats the reason I did the FSDT release of TC1, so I could get people's take of what looks good and what doesnt.  Ive been taking "informal" polls of what people like and have thought about changing a few things, so the more input I get, the more it will be what you (the majority) want.... within reason.

You can post, PM, email, or Skype me with any criticisms or problems, and Ill get back as soon as I can.  As most people know, I do my best to respond as fast as possible, given that Im the main person doing the work on the Sludge right now and also try to have a fun life outside of FSX (..saturday blitz, anyone?!... haha, you know what Im talking about Raz...)

Thanks
Sludge
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:54:39 pm by Sludge »

Orion

« Reply #349 on: October 13, 2010, 08:18:14 am »
Went to the San Francisco Fleet Week 2010 and got some pictures - hope to have them up sometime soon, perhaps this weekend.  Maybe they'll be of some use to you.

SpazSinbad

« Reply #350 on: October 13, 2010, 08:57:07 pm »
A large PDF (53Mb) is available here (& probably elsewhere):

http://www.scribd.com/doc/991245/NASA-70897main-PiF?autodown=pdf

Entire PDF is about NASA Langley contributions to US Military Aircraft research. Most interesting pages (only some to fit the file size forum limits) about Legacy Hornet Research are posted below. Some pics from same PDF pages are posted also.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 09:04:34 pm by SpazSinbad »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #351 on: October 15, 2010, 06:26:57 am »
Fellas...

Here's a few more pics, and I have a video uploading to Y/T so Ill post that when its done.

Still a work-in-progress, so give me inputs.

Enjoy.
Sludge

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:59:28 am by Sludge »

skimmer

« Reply #352 on: October 15, 2010, 04:06:07 pm »
Just my two cents Sludge but the vapor trails are to short and thick. When you rolled they should have stayed on the wing tips. Think , maybe, kinda? And thanks for the email with the Sludge hornet I have installed it and am working on some hours in it. By the way,the AOA lights look great. ;D

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #353 on: October 15, 2010, 06:23:09 pm »
Skimmer...

Thanks about the lights, they are Serge's but glad you like the newer and brighter ones.  The main problem is that its hard to keep them pinned to where they should be because they arent part of the external model and will tend to float if you get overly-zealous with maneuvering while in the pattern.

Serge also made some newer "Betty" sounds that are really good.  I've simply changed the overall volume so the Betty voice warnings are a tad lower, and the RALT tone is about half lower.  Evens things out, cause the RALT is LOUD.  But Ill try to get those out to everyone and see what the consensus is...  So far, with the few people that have them, they really like them.  Thanks again, Serge... great job on the new sounds!

OK, will keep that in mind.  Im currently working them so that the last wingtip vapor emitter/particle effect for both side will NOT be static and will trail off the end, sorta the same way the smoke effect.  Hopefully, I can get that without getting too "poofy" but FSX is always a tradeoff when simply modding effects to fit a purpose.

Ill try to work on this during the weekend.  Youre another person that has told me this, so will see what I can do.

Later
Sludge

skimmer

« Reply #354 on: October 15, 2010, 09:56:44 pm »
Rodger that Sludge. Just had two ? When you create new addons for the hornet, do you include them in the dwnld that you place on bottom of your posting? If so would it be wise for me to just delete the exsiting F-18 folder in sim objects and replace, or just install any effects or gauges and do the aircraft config mod? Thanks much :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 09:58:25 pm by skimmer »

Herbie

« Reply #355 on: October 15, 2010, 10:14:16 pm »
Nobody notice, Carrier_Landing_Gauge is not showing up in a window. Window entry missing in cfg-file. Herb
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I modified: add it the .cfg folder see below, Sorry Sludge Didn't use the full view, my mistake. VC view is a little hard to see anyway. I will assign a button to change the view from VC to shift1----------- I did, but the VC is Not going away changing to full view  ???  Herb

Window07=Carrier Trap Gauge

[Window07]
size_mm      = 1024
window_pos   = 0.000, 0.000
window_size   = 1.000, 1.000
background_color= 0,0,0
visible      = 0
ident      = 10070

gauge00=Carrier_Landing_Gauge!Carrier_Landing_Gauge.xml, 0, 0, 1024, 1024
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 03:59:56 am by Herbie »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #356 on: October 15, 2010, 11:04:13 pm »
Skimmer...

No, not for this time.  What Im doing is getting feedback as I go.  So I called the initial "big release" Sludge Hornet modifications v1.2 Test Candidate 1 (TC1), so that its known that this is a sorta "in-house" test release that can be improved on with your comments/criticisms.  So when its all ready to go, I will bundle it as the Sludge Hornet modifications, v1.2, and then make that my SIG for everyone to download.

Also, you bring up a good point.  This weekend, I may just not mod at all, but clean up the Sludge and release a TC2, so that you can just delete the old Sludge folder and install (copy/paste) the new ones.  And install all the new effects and you'll be good to go.  Ive had others have difficulty and am talking with several other people about how to make the .zip folder more user friendly and easier 'til I can get an installer done.

For right now, just install any effects or gauges as given out, and they should work if you have the TC1 installation (not the one listed in my sig) that was posted on this thread a few weeks ago.

Herb...

Yes, in the new Sludge panel folder that I passed out, the whole panel is being re-worked to save room for additional gauges and for economy/efficiency of use.  The Carrier_Landing_Gauge is now a permanent part of the 2D HUD window.  If you dont like it, let me know and Ill take that into consideration as others have told me they'd want it with the IFLOLS gauge (making it selectable) as they both are used specifically for carrier landing purposes only.  If others feel this way, please let me know, as I take all the answers I get into account in an informal poll and if enough people want something, I will change it.

Later
Sludge

Razgriz

« Reply #357 on: October 17, 2010, 05:04:30 am »
Finished my installer, just need to get the confirmation from Sludge and do some visual tweaking, and possibly some code tweaking.

What I have done so far:

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 05:08:05 am by Razgriz »

skimmer

« Reply #358 on: October 18, 2010, 02:15:59 am »
Geez razgriz, I just gotta try this. Ill move my exsiting sludge f-18 to docs and use installer.  :)

Razgriz

« Reply #359 on: October 18, 2010, 02:23:39 am »
Geez razgriz, I just gotta try this. Ill move my exsiting sludge f-18 to docs and use installer.  :)

The installer is done but we haven't finalized v1.2.  Once its done, I'll be posting the installer for download that installs v1.2.  This thing is also faster then any pre-made installer because of the optimizations I've made to it, and the fact that its coded with scratch and not bogged down.