Author Topic: Sludge Hornet Modifications  (Read 196093 times)

IRONDAN

Re: Sludge Hornet Modifications
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 11:33:55 pm »
Hey friends do you if someone will work on texture of the virtual cockpit, I think it would be nice to have a little lifting.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2010, 09:44:43 am »
What kind of texture lifting do you suggest?
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

IRONDAN

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 12:50:01 pm »
Maybe something more about the colors (darker just like the modernized cockpit of the A+) and the details of the knobs.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 01:34:53 pm »
What about this cockpit?

or this?

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 06:27:30 pm by fsxnavypilot »

skimmer

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2010, 06:46:56 pm »
Looks just like the one I have now ;D

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2010, 12:20:15 am »
Gigglin' Girl needs to turn off that damn stupid 'head bob' stupidity then she may not have 'the jerks'.  ;D

Next here is a classic 'deck spot' carrier landing video FSX, first one bad - second one looks alright compared to the first one. Music is OK so it is bearable.  8)  Chap could benefit from 'SLUDGE HUD mods' of course.

&feature=related
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:22:39 pm by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2010, 10:18:27 am »
User Herbie has been banned from the forum for 3 days, for the language used on his post (which has been removed).

Moderation, please.

Paco

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2010, 05:33:20 pm »
To all...

A new Sludge (v1.1) is on the way... currently in final testing phase and re-writing the README.txt.

Already testing out a new BlackBox UFC gauge (thanks FSXNP), and might include the updated ALA lights, as they now work within the F-18's default light structure without taking away the light functions as the previous version did.  Also, I have reworked the drag values so that the gear is the main source of drag, then the flaps, then the airframe.  The engine is fully powered (11k static) but still maintains the classic Sludge landing profile, meaning one needs to be up (85-88 percent) on the RPMs in approach, just that now there is enough engine power to "bail out" of a bad low approach without needing 'blower.  Additionally, the new Sludge will include Ray Gagnon's paint "Grunge Sludge" VMFA-323 as the fifth selectable paint.  Only bad news is that the collimated HUD is hitting a brick wall that I dont have the skills or knowledge to go around.  If anybody KNOWS or can get me in touch with a good, no-BS 3D modeler, send them my way, as I have a big task for them, that I would PAY THEM to complete.  However, as I said... if this ever gets done and we get a collimated HUD, it will cost nothing.  Also, for some of the gauges (ie, BB UFC, 2D HUD Indexer), I'm computing alternate values for users that have wideaspectview=false in their fsx.cfg (non-widescreen) and 16:9 ratio will have pre-computed values to use for the 2D HUD, Indexer, and BB UFC.   By putting them on a rem "//" line, all one has to do is remove the old values and the "//" and their new values will be used.

Believe it or not, the biggest pain is rewriting the README.txt, and making sure all the needed files for install.  Such as .gau files or .fx files are where they need to be for the everyday user to install w/out problems.  In giving out the new Sludge, Ive run into a few problems where I missed some obvious install files being included in the right place and also, some errors in my instructions.  Please bear with me as this is a pain staking process that is sometimes done at 1-2am.

Later
Sludge

I'm anxiously awaiting Sludge.  I've held off on some of your later mods until I can get the whole thing all bundled up.  Nice job.

/r,
Paco

IRONDAN

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2010, 05:44:07 pm »
Hey bros I'm not able to post pictures... Am I retarded or what ?

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2010, 06:29:34 pm »
No, you ain't  :)

There are two ways to post pictures:
  • Insert picture
  • Attach picture

To insert a picture you have to have a hyperlink to that externally stored (on a webpage or a file storage) picture. This link is then put in an img tag when editing a post. You can type this tag manually, but it's more convenient to use an Isert Image  button above your post text window.
To attach a picture you open up Additional Options (below your post text) and then select and attach a file (i.e. picture).

The difference is that inserted pictures are placed inside your post in their full size but attached pictures are placed at the end as small previews followed by fullsize picture hyperlinks.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 06:36:17 pm by fsxnavypilot »

IRONDAN

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2010, 04:00:53 pm »
This one ! ;)

IRONDAN

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2010, 04:07:34 pm »
New LCD displays and maybe if a talented bro can improve the resolution of the existing cockpit that would be great. Im not texture artist or a modder but God I love the Hornet so much and I think it's really cool to have such a dedicated community. Ok bros I have to go for a CAP over Quebec province with my CF-18B with the special repaint Ray gagnon (really nice gentlman) made for me .

SpazSinbad

• A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2010, 10:39:57 pm »
 IRONDAN, do you know what Hornet Version (also is it Canadian?) cockpit we see in that great cockpit photo you have posted please? Thanks.

IRONDAN

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2010, 11:41:47 pm »
That pics is an autralian one but the Canadians got heame one too

SpazSinbad

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2010, 01:27:19 am »
Thanks for photo info IRONDAN.