Author Topic: GSX menu only "flashes" then disappears  (Read 2652 times)

eze1510

Re: GSX menu only "flashes" then disappears
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2023, 08:51:21 am »
I'm having the same issue here, regardless of aircraft or airport.

I start the flight as normal, request Boarding and then the GSX Menu flashes and dissapears; there is no selection for Gorund Handling company.

Have tried full re-install of GSX and has not worked.

COUATL LOG below

7rip7e_7

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2023, 09:53:29 pm »
So I'm not the only one experiencing issues.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2023, 04:01:34 pm »
I don't know what's going on, I definitely select 2 files, couatl.zip an couatl_MSFS.zip so I'll try again with just the Couatl_MSFS.zip

You made the same mistake again: you posted the completely useless Couatl_MSFS.INI file, which is the file that is supposed to ENABLE logging, when I asked the actual LOG file being produced, which is called Couatl.LOG instead.

Also, the Couatl_MSFS.INI is wrong and it's not made according to the Sticky thread I posted before:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.msg175111.html#msg175111

Because it's missing the log file name, that's why you don't have a log! Your file looks like this:

useAirportCache=0
logfile=""

While the instructions there, and the pre-made .INI file you could download from that post looks like this:

useAirportCache=0
logFile=Couatl.log

« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 04:33:08 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2023, 04:03:51 pm »
I start the flight as normal, request Boarding and then the GSX Menu flashes and dissapears; there is no selection for Gorund Handling company.

Your log shows an error when getting the jetway data from Simconnect. Is this a 3rd party airport? If yes, have you disabled the GSX replacement jetways for it ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2023, 04:05:35 pm »
So I'm not the only one experiencing issues.

We can't say that until you post your log because, even if the final effect might "look the same", the reasons might be very different, that's why is not very useul to just say you have the same problem, without posting a log.

vulcan

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2023, 04:41:26 pm »
I don't know what's going on, I definitely select 2 files, couatl.zip an couatl_MSFS.zip so I'll try again with just the Couatl_MSFS.zip

You made the same mistake again: you posted the completely useless Couatl_MSFS.INI file, which is the file that ENABLES logging, when I asked the actual LOG file being produced, which is called Couatl.LOG instead.

Is it possible you have hidden the file extensions in Windows Explorer, so not seeing the full file name is confusing you ?
I edited my post to state there is NO log file. I have just searched all my drives and that search did not find a couatl.log file.

With MSFS running Couatl scripting engine for MSFS/P3D is shown as running as a background task in task manager

fsdreamteam-gsx-pro & fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways are in my community folder. There are no visual nor audible warning in MSFS that the Couatl engine is not running.
Attached is ascreenshot of my vituali folder

eze1510

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2023, 11:48:08 pm »

Your log shows an error when getting the jetway data from Simconnect. Is this a 3rd party airport? If yes, have you disabled the GSX replacement jetways for it ?

Yes - It is a 3rd party airport, the GSX jetways have been disabled. There were no issues with this scenario previously, it all started after updating to the latest version on the live updater. Upon further testing I have noticed it only happens when starting the flight; if I request services on the way to stand after landing, it all works fine and I am able to deboard/board normally.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2023, 02:37:27 pm »
I edited my post to state there is NO log file. I have just searched all my drives and that search did not find a couatl.log file.

Of course, you have no log file, and I clearly explained why in my reply:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,30824.msg197897.html#msg197897

vulcan

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2023, 01:14:13 am »

Of course, you have no log file, and I clearly explained why in my reply:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,30824.msg197897.html#msg197897

First of all my profuse apologies for making repeated silly mistakes and wasting your time, I now have attached a log file. It appears that my problem has to do with my simbrief.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2023, 05:51:36 pm »
First of all my profuse apologies for making repeated silly mistakes and wasting your time, I now have attached a log file. It appears that my problem has to do with my simbrief.

Well, surely you made the mistake of setting your ID ( numeric ), instead of the "Alias/Username", but that shouldn't be a problem: GSX will just show a message about the error and will continue.

vulcan

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2023, 08:41:10 pm »

Well, surely you made the mistake of setting your ID ( numeric ), instead of the "Alias/Username", but that shouldn't be a problem: GSX will just show a message about the error and will continue.
Correct but the menu still just flashes, it doesn't stay long enough for me to correct the ID error. Is there a way to access the configuration menu without the ability to access menu from within MSFS?

romoni

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2023, 02:30:29 pm »
I had this problem, too but now I have 4 flight behind and all works like charm. Only about what I did was that I deleted all afcads text in .ini files.

Ursli80

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2023, 12:47:45 pm »
Hello everyone,

i also have this with my Prosim model. 
But it seems to me that it depends on whether it is a standard airport or an add-on airport. 
No problems with addons. 
At standard airports, the menu does not appear.

Best regrads
Urs
MSFS2020
Prosim737

airbumps

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2023, 10:36:46 am »
Hi All,

I'm getting the same problem all of a sudden. Since updating to SU14 and GSX Pro 2.8.8, every second or third flight I find that when I try and bring up the GSX MNU (using CTRL-SHIFT-F12) it flashes on the screen for about half a second and disappears. This happens with a variety of aircraft, from default to PMDG and Fenix and happens at a variety of different airports. Its not easy reproduceable - For example I just flew KPHX to KEUG. Landed at KEUG and used GSX Pro fine to select a gate, taxi in and deboard. Reset the PC, loaded up MSFS again and here I am at the very same gate 10 minutes later at KEUG and I'm getting this flashing menu. In this instance I'm not using any GSX profiles. This occurs at both default and payware airports. It even happened at FSDT's KORD....

I've tried combinations of closing and restarting COUTL.EXE but no difference. The only thing that seems to "clear" it is exiting and reloading the sim.

I've attached a copy of the COUATL.ERR file (there is no log file being generated) for the most recent incidence of this happening at KEUG. This is payware and GSX Jetways are set to disabled.

Was there a solution anybody was able to identify?

Cheers,
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 11:00:24 am by airbumps »

airbumps

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2023, 12:41:10 pm »
Same issue again, this time again at KEUG (payware). Loaded into Gate A2 with the Fenix. Activating the GSX Main Menu results in it flashing for 1/2 a second and disappearing.

This time I had logging on - Log file attached. I don't really see anything in there thats odd...execept for the mention of KIAH2....not sure why that would rate a mention when I'm 1800 miles away from that airport....