Author Topic: Default teminal issues  (Read 10260 times)

Jsandrews1

Default teminal issues
« on: May 06, 2010, 01:14:35 am »
Just downloaded and purchased yesterday. It worked fine and looked great.  Start up today and delfault terminal is there. I do not have any addiditonal scenery for Hawaii installed.

any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Default teminal issues
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 11:09:55 am »
Check that the scenery is still listed in the Scenery Library, and is still on top, which is where the installer puts it by default.

Jsandrews1

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 11:59:46 pm »
Yes, it is in the #1 position. It is the only scenery installed. If I re-install, it works the 1st time, then  the 2nd time I start the program, the default scenery is back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 03:59:12 pm »
Yes, it is in the #1 position. It is the only scenery installed.

Are you saying that PHNL is the ONLY scenery you installed in FS9 ? Meaning, you have just installed FS9 from scratch (after uninstalling it AND cleaning its folder, if it was previously installed on this system), and you are seeing this ?

Or, are you simply saying that you don't have any other scenery installed that is easily identifiable as being related to PHNL ?

If I re-install, it works the 1st time, then  the 2nd time I start the program, the default scenery is back.

This can't simply happen. The strange thing is the appearance of the default scenery. IF you had problems with the Addon Manager (most likely because the antivirus was blocking it), you shouldn't see any buildings, but you should still see the PHNL ground scenery and, most important, NO DEFAULT scenery at all.

And, don't be focused on being the default scenery, just because terminals "looks like default". It can be an addon AFCAD, which are usually copies of the default AFCAD, with different parking positions so, what you are seeing might be default buildings, but generated by an addon AFCAD, which is causing the conflict.

As was said in another thread, putting PHNL at the top of the Library it's required, but it's not enough. If you have a conflicting AFCAD, you need to remove it.

Jsandrews1

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 02:30:12 am »
How does one uninstall the FSDreamTeam scenery so I can try a full re-install?

ok, I deleted the scenery, and folders. I re-installed, the 1st time after start-up the scenery was fine.  I made some afcad modifications (parking codes, closing a runway, etc..) then when I restarted the FS, the default scenery was back.

can you send me an e-mail and I can send a screen shot.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:03:11 am by Jsandrews1 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 10:39:22 am »
How does one uninstall the FSDreamTeam scenery so I can try a full re-install?

Using its own uninstaller, which is in the Windows Control Panel, like any other Windows program out there.

Of course, if you modified or added files, it's best if you check if the scenery folder are still there because, the uninstaller will only remove things that IT copied, not things that were added/modified later.

ok, I deleted the scenery, and folders. I re-installed, the 1st time after start-up the scenery was fine.  I made some afcad modifications (parking codes, closing a runway, etc..) then when I restarted the FS, the default scenery was back.

Of course the scenery works just installed...sorry, but you just can't ask for support, if you don't have all the original scenery files. Unless you know exactly what you are doing, it's best you don't touch the AFCAD because, results depends by the program you use for editing it and, in case of the original AFCAD utility, for example, there might be problems.

In any case, the moment you start editing files, you are basically on your own. Please, don't report issues, unless you are running with all files 100% unmodified, exactly as they come with the scenery.

Jsandrews1

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 04:09:35 am »
I just put in an exclude statement and it got rid of the scenery. No idea why it was there.  Thanks for the thoughts.

pschlute

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 06:53:23 pm »
You cannot edit the scenery with the old AFCAD program. You will need to use Airport Design Editor.

DC10Driver

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 07:26:40 pm »
jsandrews1, I just had the exact same issue happen to me.  How'd you fix it again?  An exclude statement where? 

Also, freaking sim is crashing after getting to DENNS on the MAGGI3 enroute from KDFW in the PMDG MD-11.  I know it's a texture somewhere but where is yet TBD.  Talk about frustrating!

Can anyone clue me in to the Airport Design Editor?  Where does one get it and why doesn't it work with this scenery?

Thorsten_W

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 09:07:10 pm »
I also have a problem with the default terminal. I backed up my AFCAD and only modified the gate assignments, nothing else, and I see the default terminal.

After using the original file, the issue is solved, but I don't have my own gate assignments...  :-\

How can modifying the gate assignments lead to the default terminal showing up?

Thanks for any help!  :D
Greetings from Germany!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 09:12:07 pm »
After using the original file, the issue is solved, but I don't have my own gate assignments...

Are you using ADE to edit it the AFCAD and save it back ?

Thorsten_W

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 03:51:50 pm »
I used AFCAD 2.21 from Lee Swordi.
I now tried to use ADE, but I can't compile the file into xxx.bgl.

Do you have any suggestions?
Greetings from Germany!

Thorsten_W

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 09:03:16 pm »
Issue solved!
Greetings from Germany!