Author Topic: Scenicroutes LJLJ not picked up by GSX Pro  (Read 737 times)

WebMaximus

Scenicroutes LJLJ not picked up by GSX Pro
« on: December 17, 2022, 03:36:38 pm »
I have a problem with GSX Pro at LJLJ from ScenicRoutes where the actual path to the scenery is:

...\Community\scenicroutes-ljlj-ljubljana\scenery\scenicroutes\ljlj (followed by one of the .bgl files, not sure which one)

Bringing up the GSX airport customization tool when parked at this airport, the path shown by the GSX Pro is:

...\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base-genericairports\scenery\0601\APX51150.bgl

Any suggestion what could cause this and is there anyway for me to fix this on my side?

Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Scenicroutes LJLJ not picked up by GSX Pro
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 03:16:36 pm »
A common reason why an 3rd airport hasn't been recognized by GSX, is the airport file lacking a proper DeleteAirport command, which is normally supposed to be present, when a airport replaces a default one.

This might be intentional, for example the 3rd party airport might just be an enhancement of buildings and texture but might still use the exact same parking names/positions and the same taxiway routes from default, so in this case, lacking an DeleteAirport command to remove these elements is correct, but GSX simply doesn't support this: when a .BGL is used, it's assumed to be self-contained, if a scenery requires the underlying default airport, GSX won't load two .BGLs at once, so it will only use the default one, which in THIS case would be correct, since that airport needed the default data anyway.

However, most of the times the 3rd party airport DOES change parking and taxiways, and the lack of a DeleteAirport command to remove the default one is just a mistake, because it would cause conflicting parking/taxiway data. In this case, the airport developer should fix it.

However, ALL of this is only valid when the SU10 Navdata is NOT used, when GSX reads .BGLs. If you enabled it, GSX won't need to read the .BGL anymore, so it will take whatever airport data is present in the sim, through the Simconnect Navdata API.

Note that, it will take everything, conflicts included...

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 05:24:54 pm »
Got it, thanks for the thorough explanation.

In this specific case, I "solved" the issue by simply getting rid of this airport. I rarely fly there anyways.
Richard Åsberg

buick552

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 10:53:00 am »
I receive this error on most of the freeware sceneries. Yes, GSX adds a lot of realism to the sim but sceneries also add realism. Can't you just improve something to walk around this problem? We should be able to use both GSX and improperly designed sceneries together.