Author Topic: GSX module suddenly not loading FSX  (Read 1088 times)

goesto11

GSX module suddenly not loading FSX
« on: November 17, 2023, 10:56:30 pm »
Hello,

The GSX module has stopped loading for me. This is all there is in the log file:

Python 2.7.13 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, May 22 2017, 13:45:26) [MSC v.1900 32 bit (Intel)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v3.2 (build 2)
log started on Fri Nov 17 21:34:44 2023

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
Simulator version: 10 0 62615 0
Running in mode: FSX (bglmanx setting)
pathToUserCfg() DOES NOT EXIST!!! "<path not found>\Usercfg.opt"
RunningMode::pathToInstalledPackages
Loading addons
Loading addon common

The events leading up to this were as follows:

1. New graphics driver prompt from Nvidia. I downloaded and installed. Restarted machine.
2. When I install a new graphics driver, it throws my FSX settings out. Due to this, I have a backup of my fsx.cfg, DLL.xml and exe.xml. I dropped these into %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX.
3. I then always run the Couatl updater to make sure I've got the latest version and to update the strings in the fsx.cfg trusted section.

I've been doing this, exactly as described, for 3 years and never had an issue.

I've tried 2 complete GSX/Addon manager uninstalls and reinstalls. I've noticed that after the reinstall, it runs fine on the first run but subsequent runs it doesn't load in the sim. The Couatl icon appears on the taskbar and in the sim I can access "Addon Manager" and SODE from the Addons menu but there are no GSX related controls. Once I exit the sim, the Couatl process continues to run indefinitely until I force it to quit in task manager.

I've noticed that when the module first loads after the reinstall, the name of it is a file path. It's something like c:\......\umberto.....\ however, on the next run it comes up with the Couatl name (as it normally would do), which I then have to reaccept as a trusted module. The module from hereafter fails to load every time.

Thanks

goesto11

Re: GSX module suddenly not loading FSX
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 10:12:48 am »
I've done some more testing this morning. After a complete uninstall and reboot, I install GSX from the latest installer. When I run FSX, I get the prompts to trust the new modules. The first time its run, the module name is

c:\umberto\umberto_svn\couatl-dev\Couatl.exe

I accept this, the sim loads and so does GSX. If I ignore the updates when it prompts and do not run the couatl updater, everything remains working.

If the updater is run, the next time I start FSX I get the prompts to trust the modules, as is normal, however, this time the module is called

Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX

(This is what it usually comes up as on the prompt). Now GSX no longer loads and the log shows the same entries as in my first post. The only way to rectify at this moment is to do complete uninstall and reinstall. After that do not run the updater.

This is true regardless of if I'm using my backed up fsx.cfg files or letting it do as it pleases with the various uninstalls and installs.

Hope this is of some help.

HB-ESY

• Best workingplace ever..
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2023, 12:24:49 pm »
Same issue....!  :-[

I have
- install the last live update
. the last OFFLINE installer made

Result:
In FSX the Couatl icon appears on the taskbar and in the sim I can access "Addon Manager" and SODE from the Addons menu but there are no GSX related controls. Once I exit the sim, the Couatl process continues to run indefinitely until I force it to quit in task manager.

How can I solve the issue ??  :-[

« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 12:33:26 pm by HB-ESY »

Massimiliano

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2023, 11:26:22 pm »
Hi,
i didi as goesto11 told us but the issue still continue also I have gsx in trial mode and Couatl  the Couatl process continues to run indefinitely until I force it to quit in task manager.
So i think a software issue......
waiting from an answer from Umberto

ronp007

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2023, 03:00:37 pm »
After the install of "Version 2.8.5 – November 16th, 2023", Couatl will not load in FSX.  Had to use my backup hard drive and go back to the previous version.

Massimiliano

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2023, 05:27:27 pm »
After the install of "Version 2.8.5 – November 16th, 2023", Couatl will not load in FSX.  Had to use my backup hard drive and go back to the previous version.

it's a software bug or gsx will not support anymore fsx?

islander

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2023, 12:02:59 pm »
Having same issues, coutl sys tray loads and as soon as i start to load a flight plan in FSX Se it stops responding and I have to use task manager to force it to stop.

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2023, 01:08:13 pm »
Hello all,

Couatl problem seems to be back  :(

Python 2.7.13 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, May 22 2017, 13:45:26) [MSC v.1900 32 bit (Intel)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v3.2 (build 2)
log started on Mon Nov 20 12:58:07 2023

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
Simulator version: 10 0 61637 0
Running in mode: FSX (bglmanx setting)
pathToUserCfg() DOES NOT EXIST!!! "<path not found>\Usercfg.opt"
RunningMode::pathToInstalledPackages
Loading addons
Loading addon common

I hope to have an update soon, because no groundservice at all!
Thank you
Peter
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 01:11:45 pm by Kalorien »

HB-ESY

• Best workingplace ever..
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2023, 02:17:25 pm »
Today I ran the offline installer again and a popup window appeared with this information:

The following applications use files that need to be updated by Setup:
"Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX/ESP"
It is recommended that you allow Setup to close these applications. Once the installation is complete, Setup will attempt to restart the application.

After successfully installing and starting FSX, the Couatl settings will now appear under Addons, but will be empty...so still NO connection to FSX  :-[

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2023, 04:12:17 pm »
Be sure you install today's update.

islander

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2023, 10:50:13 am »
Todays update has fixed the issue. Thanks

goesto11

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2023, 09:34:19 pm »
Indeed all working now. Thanks for sorting.