Author Topic: Operating GSX Jetways at KORD v2  (Read 677 times)

txgrasso

Operating GSX Jetways at KORD v2
« on: November 12, 2023, 06:40:38 pm »
MSFS Deluxe Edition
GSX Pro v2.8.4
FSDT Chicago O'Hare v1.4.3

Hi,

I cannot get the GSX Pro jetways to operate (move) at FSDT KORD. I have tried at both gates B11 and C9.  The default MSFS jetways work fine but they are not nearly as detailed as the GSX ones. I'd prefer to leave the GSX Pro jetways enabled for KORD.

Sequence: 1.) Spawn at a gate at KORD.  2.) Select "operate jetway" from GSX Pro menu (or deboard or board). 3.) GSX Pro says "Gate uses a default jetway".  4.) Gate does not move.

Thanks.

--Tom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Operating GSX Jetways at KORD v2
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 01:12:23 pm »
FSDT KORD doesn't use default MSFS jetways, because it comes with its own custom Jetways, and should NOT use GSX jetways either, that's why the FSDT installer correctly excludes the GSX jetways so the custom that comes with the scenery will show.

If you are seeing default MSFS jetways there, it might be caused by not having removed the Asobo handcrafted scenery for KORD.

Note that, this doesn't have anything to do with GSX saying it's a "default" jetway.

You will always see that message in MSFS, because as far as GSX is concerned, EVERY Jetway in MSFS is "default", even if it has a custom model. Default jetway here, means how it WORKS (using the default jetway method, the only one available in MSFS), the only time you would have seen a different message, would be in FSX/P3D, because there, GSX operated jetways in very different ways, depending if they were default, or made with SODE, which is not available in MSFS so, in MSFS, every jetway is default.

txgrasso

Re: Operating GSX Jetways at KORD v2
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 11:14:02 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. When I saw the fat bald guy in the orange vest was missing from the jetway I assumed it was the default MSFS jetway, but they are actually custom jetways from FSDT KORD. Thanks for the info on disabling jetway replacement for all 3rd party airports, even FSDT ones.

Thanks.

--Tom