Author Topic: Simbrief connection error  (Read 1936 times)

mwyatt

Simbrief connection error
« on: November 06, 2023, 03:23:08 pm »
Hi, I have not been able to connect to Simbrief for some time (maybe over a year !!).
All entries are as they should be, Alias name etc and nickname all correct. Ignore Time is "ticked".
Addon mananger folder excluded in anti virus (Defender)
Couatl64_MSFS.exe also excluded as a file
Flightplan is active as far as I know.
Error on screen is SIMBRIEF EXCEPTION ERROR1 = HTTP RESPONSE CODE SAID ERROR.
I would like to know what is preventing the connection to Simbrief, all seems to work well without it, but it would be nice !!
Everything else works as intended as far as I know !!
Martin.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 03:26:42 pm by mwyatt »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Simbrief connection error
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 08:53:51 pm »
That message can come for many reasons, none of them of course being GSX issues:

- Your Simbrief Alias (username) is wrong, check it, double check it and triple check it. If your username was created a while ago and it contains spaces, it won't work. Simbrief now doesn't allow to create usernames with spaces in it, but if yours was created before they enforced this rule, you need to change it.

- The last dispatched flight might have expired. They expire in a few days.

- Simbrief might really be down. They did have some shortages in the past days.

- A firewall (not antivirus) is preventing GSX from reaching Simbrief. Configure it to be sure the Couatl engine has outside online access.

wigerup

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 07:15:13 pm »
Same problem here.
How do I see if the Couati engine is working?????

Murf

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2024, 07:08:29 pm »
So what does this mean.... and once again how to I fix it???

Senior Master Sergent (retired)

pete_auau

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2024, 12:53:44 am »
so no advice  given  2  post aboves  yours  worked at all?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2024, 02:00:43 pm »
So what does this mean.... and once again how to I fix it???

Does your Simbrief username contain spaces?

If yes, change it and, in fact, Simbrief doesn't allow to create username with spaces inside anymore (because they cause these kind of problems, not just to GSX), but if you created it before they started to enforce creation with usernames with no spaces, it might still contain spaces, so you'll have to edit it and remove any spaces or other non-printable characters from it.

And be absolutely sure you are using your Username (also known as Alias), which is a text string, and NOT your User ID, which is a number.

Murf

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2024, 04:01:37 pm »
Nope no spaces in it and my firewall allows couatl Scripting Engine..... so I am lost, and I am sorry to say, but I am about to just remove GSX.
If it's not going to function properly it's not worth having.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2024, 11:01:50 pm »
Nope no spaces in it and my firewall allows couatl Scripting Engine..... so I am lost, and I am sorry to say, but I am about to just remove GSX. If it's not going to function properly it's not worth having.

As I've said, it's either a firewall or a space in your username, or you having confused the alias and used the userid instead. It must the ALIAS, it cannot contain spaces and you must be sure your firewall is not blocking the Couatl engine.

Of course, if you posted a startup log, I would be able to tell you exactly what your problem is.

Murf

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2024, 07:39:00 pm »
Nope no spaces in it and my firewall allows couatl Scripting Engine..... so I am lost, and I am sorry to say, but I am about to just remove GSX. If it's not going to function properly it's not worth having.

As I've said, it's either a firewall or a space in your username, or you having confused the alias and used the userid instead. It must the ALIAS, it cannot contain spaces and you must be sure your firewall is not blocking the Couatl engine.

Of course, if you posted a startup log, I would be able to tell you exactly what your problem is.

I say again my last... Nope no spaces in it and my firewall allows couatl Scripting Engine..... That's pretty straight forward!!!

Now there could perhaps be something in my firewall I need to configure that I am not aware of... all I know is that it DOES allow the couatl Scripting Engine.

If you give me a step by step of what YOU need to be done in the firewall and how to do it, we MIGHT actually get this solved. As I have said before I am NOT software or windows firewall literate and need it spelled out on how to do it... otherwise it's like trying to shoot a fast moving rabbit in the dark with a sleeping mask on with a bow and arrow!!!!

Yes.... I am getting a bit frustrated.... I can't fully use a product I paid good money for!!! Which makes it useless!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2024, 08:40:28 pm »
I say again my last... Nope no spaces in it and my firewall allows couatl Scripting Engine..... That's pretty straight forward!!!

It won't be the first time somebody is sure of some setting, but it wasn't so. Also, I repeated it, because I suspected you might have not read my reply entirely because, it ended with:

Since you haven't posted your startup log, you might as well missed the suggestion about checking the username. I'm awaiting your log which, as I've said, will clarlfy what the problem really is.

If you don't know how to create a log, it's on Page 34 of the GSX Manual.

Murf

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2024, 03:13:07 pm »

It won't be the first time somebody is sure of some setting, but it wasn't so. Also, I repeated it, because I suspected you might have not read my reply entirely because, it ended with:

Since you haven't posted your startup log, you might as well missed the suggestion about checking the username. I'm awaiting your log which, as I've said, will clarlfy what the problem really is.

If you don't know how to create a log, it's on Page 34 of the GSX Manual.

You are correct... I didn't see you request the log.... Here it is!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2024, 03:21:27 pm »
You are correct... I didn't see you request the log.... Here it is!!

Your log shows you have a very old version of the Couatl engine: 5302, while the current build is 5381 so, before doing anything else, be sure you run the FSDT Updater to get the current version and then, if you still have the same problem, post a new log with the current version.

Murf

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2024, 04:51:33 pm »
ok... I ran the live update... reran MSFS... still the same!!!

I have obviously downloaded the log before, but I don't remember where it is and can't find it to give you a more current one.

Update: Found it.... Please find the log attached
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 09:09:41 pm by Murf »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2024, 08:41:32 pm »
Your error is caused by your Simbrief username having a space in it.

Simbrief must have realized this would cause issues so now, if you try to create a new account with a space in it, will not allow it, but existing usernames that were created before Simbrief made this change, still contain the space.

If you can change your Alias (username = alias ) to not have spaces, it will work.

Murf

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2024, 11:05:07 pm »
I have attached a screenshot of my account... I don't see any spaces... do you?? It's been this way since I have had it.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 09:41:05 pm by Murf »