Author Topic: Taxiway Light Problem?  (Read 6297 times)

mortonrb

Taxiway Light Problem?
« on: May 02, 2010, 02:43:08 pm »
Just purchased KLAS and KJFK.  The green taxiway lights at KLAS do not look right, but I am not sure.   I have attaached photos of KLAS and KJFK.   Does anyone know if KLAS is correct.

FSX/Acceleration Windows 7 x64 8gb.

Thanks

Bill Morton
Bill
i5 2500K@ 3.30Ghz, 8gb ddr3, GeForce GTX 760 2gb, FSX w/Acceleration, Windows 7 x64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Taxiway Light Problem?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:45:20 pm »
I don't see anything wrong in your KLAS screenshot: they look just fine to me.

If anything, it's the KJFK shot that looks unsual, not the green lights, but the blue lights: they seems to miss the effect.

skimmer

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 11:55:58 pm »
The green lights show exactly the same way on my system so there is nothing wrong with yours. I do admit though, it takes some getting use to cause they look like they are illuminating through fog.  :)

B777ER

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 04:30:48 am »
Don't know why Umberto said he sees nothing wrong. FSDT actually uploaded a fix for this issue last year. See this post for d/l links which actually came from Umberto! http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1734.0 

Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 01:24:50 pm »
Don't know why Umberto said he sees nothing wrong.

The question was if there was something "wrong" in the installation, and the reply simply states there's nothing wrong with the installation, because that is how we designed them.

That one might LIKE the lights being made like that, it's a matter of tastes, but this is not a bug or an install problem.

FSDT actually uploaded a fix for this issue last year.

It's more as alternate texture, that one might decide to use or not. Since we actually liked the lights as they were (otherwise we wouldn't have designed them that way), we haven't replaced the texture in the installer, and I also totally forgot that post.

devereiii

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 10:50:08 pm »
I don't see anything wrong in your KLAS screenshot: they look just fine to me.

If anything, it's the KJFK shot that looks unsual, not the green lights, but the blue lights: they seems to miss the effect.

I get the exact same taxiway lights...! I thought that it was funny too. They just look like big blue & white striped sticks sticking up. Are there alternate textures we can get for these?

Thanks...
Robert
Robert