Author Topic: AI Gate Assignments  (Read 253 times)

CWH1977

AI Gate Assignments
« on: July 06, 2024, 03:37:20 pm »
I recently got FSTraffic to use older airlines AI (TWA, Continental, USAir, etc). I'd like to change Houston from an United hub back to a Continental one. I see in my airport folder, under the scenery file, a configuration file.

In that file I see all the settings for each gate, including airline parking codes. I've tried changing the parking codes from UAL to COA, but it doesn't seem like any of the Continental planes want to park at the terminal. They all park on the apron. Does this parking code change AI parking, or is it just used for GSX purposes?

Er!k

Re: AI Gate Assignments
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2024, 02:46:43 pm »
Hi! These codes are for the user aircraft only. So when you look for a parking spot after landing it will suggest the ones with matching parking codes.

So you will need to edit the airport file. Back in the FS9/FSX/P3D days it was easy. You had a seperate AFCAD bgl file which you could open using ADE or Airport Studio. With MSFS the ADE is part of a larger file. ADE was updated, but the author left the FS scene. So it is still possible but a lot more difficult than it used to be.

I really hope there will be a new tool which allows you to easily add/edit parking codes.