Author Topic: SELECTION OF PUSHBACK TYPE : TOWBARLESS & TOWBAR  (Read 1175 times)

quentcor

SELECTION OF PUSHBACK TYPE : TOWBARLESS & TOWBAR
« on: October 06, 2023, 08:43:56 am »
Good day Umberto,
I would like to make a suggestion following the latest changes for setting the pushback type in the GSX Customization screen. I don't know how other users are finding the change, but it does not work consistently and the towbarless vehicle appears to remain the default, appearing frequently despite setting the option to the towbar type.
We have been here before and setting the aircraft weight in the sim.cfg appears to have better results, although even this method for removing the towbarless vehicle does not always work and it appears from time to time regardless.
I don't know how the latest method for selecting the pushback vehicle has been programmed, it is complex enough goodness knows, but would it be a major problem to prevent GSX/coutl from generating an error report, if an unwanted pushback vehicle is simply removed from the PBR folder? Alternatively, would it be possible to remove the default status of the towbarless vehicle, so that it is not selected as first choice when GSX starts?
My own preference would be to simply remove the unwanted vehicle from the PBR folder without GSX or coutl reacting. I realize this removal would require repeating every time one runs live update, but it seems to be the lesser of a number of possible  of 'evils'.
Your help will be much appreciated.
Kind regards.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 05:27:53 pm by quentcor »