Author Topic: Why almost no AI traffic  (Read 4295 times)

Stage1

Why almost no AI traffic
« on: April 26, 2010, 07:46:19 am »
Normally I run my AI traffic (both GA air Airlines) at about 66% each, and have lots of AI traffic on the ground and in the air. I noticed when I first ran my FSDT Honolulu I did have AI traffic, but noticeably less than I did before at this same airport. There was only about 3-4 airliners at all the gates.

This morning I did my second go with this airport and had absolutley no airline traffic in the air or on the ground. PHNL was like a ghost town. I had a few GA aircraft parked way down at the end of laggoon drive (by the reef runway), but that was it.

Tonite I did my third flight but increased my airline traffic to 85%, and to my surprise no difference, still a ghost town. There was not one airliner at any gate including the cargo area. Had some GA over by the reef runway again but thats it. I also did some flying in the USA mainland and had lots airline and GA traffic there so it appears to be something with PHNL. BTW, everything else seems to be OK with the Honolulu scenery, just no airplanes.

Any ideas what might be happening? 
Thanks.   

johndrago

Re: Why almost no AI traffic
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 10:48:16 pm »
If you are using AI such as world-of-ai.com which was developed for FS9, AND you have aircraft shadows turned on, you will not see any of that AI while at PHNL.  I had this problem, but simply turning off "aircraft shadows" made everything reappear.  It's a limitation with the older AI models unfortunately.

So, if I'm not using PHNL, I turn on airacraft shadows, and if I'm using it, I turn it off.

John

Stage1

Re: Why almost no AI traffic
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 06:29:51 am »
Yep, that did the trick.

I suspect I did what you said the first time I tried out my new PHNL. But then when tweaking some other scenery, I made some changes and forgot. Anyway I made a profile to load for my Honolulu flights so I don't have to remember the shadow un-tick thingy.

Thanks for your help.