Author Topic: "Restarting Couatl in P3D After a Crash: Is It Possible?"  (Read 526 times)

juditrjones

"Restarting Couatl in P3D After a Crash: Is It Possible?"
« on: September 05, 2023, 12:56:48 pm »
Hello everyone,

I've been experiencing some inconsistent performance with the P3Dv4 version of Couatl since the release of the MSFS version. It tends to crash randomly and frequently, and when it does, the option seems to disappear from P3D as if it was never there. While it works flawlessly at times, these crashes are becoming frustratingly common.

I'm wondering if there's a way to manually restart the Couatl executable, similar to what you can do with MSFS, to re-enable it within the simulator. If not, could this be considered as a feature in the future?

PS: I attempted to check the error log, but it only contains a crash report from 8 days ago, with no panic file for today's crash.

PPS: The Windows error message is quite generic:

Faulting application name: Couatl64_P3D.exe, version: 4.8.0.5237
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e
Faulting process id: 0xed4
Faulting application path: D:\ADDONS\Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_P3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Any insights or solutions to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: "Restarting Couatl in P3D After a Crash: Is It Possible?"
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 02:35:00 pm »
It can't be done easily, because while we can do that in MSFS, because Couatl runs alone, in FSX/P3D it needs to connect to the Addon Manager .dll, and that one can't be easily restarted, since it's running in-process with the simulator.