Author Topic: Is there a trick to installing FSDreamteam airports in P3D v5.4?  (Read 1143 times)

jfwharton

I ask the question because every time I install a new FSDreamteam airport I have the same issue.  Yesterday I purchased the package that contains PHNL and Hawiian Airports V1 and V2.  After the installation I activated all of the airports.  Everything seemed to be fine but then I started getting the dreaded "Your trial period has begun" message.  Not only was this the case in ALL of the airports which I had just installed but was also the case with ALL of my previously installed FSDreamteam airports, KCLT, KDFW, KFLL, KIAH, KLAS, KLAX, KMEM, KSDF.  All showed activated.  I reinstalled the Hawaiian airports but still had the issue with my other airports.  I reinstalled two of those airports and then reinstalled Hawwaiian Airports V1 before resolving the issue.  So, my question again, is there a trick to installing the airports?  I would really like to avoid having to uninstall and reinstall everything each time I install a new airport.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I am using the universal installer to activate and update my FSDreamteam airports.

jfwharton

Re: Is there a trick to installing FSDreamteam airports in P3D v5.4?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 07:34:02 pm »
As an update, today I was trying to see if I could resolve an elevation with FSDreamteam's KLAS.  Ater turning some files to OFF and restarting P3D v5.4 I started getting the message that the trial period for KLAS has started.  I put the files back the way they were before, same issue.  I deactivated KLAS and reactivated it.  Same issue.  I deactivated and uninstalled KLAS.  Started P3D to make sure it was gone.  Reinstalled KLAS and activated it.  Same issue when starting a flight at KLAS that the trial period has started.  I reinstalled KCLT and the issue with KLAS went away.  Could someone please explain that?  FSDreamteam airports are the only ones that give me this issue.  Then again, they are the only ones that have a trial period.

LukeK

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 05:03:33 pm »
Is this is a real notification - as in, are the airports actually time-limited? I get this from time to time (it seems like a race condition in FSDT's code) but the airports do not shut off.

Cheers!

jfwharton

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 05:00:36 am »
When this was happening, the airports were timing out and I got the red text stating that the trial period had expired and the buildings at the affected airports disappeared.  I had even exited P3D, rebooted my computer and after starting P3D again got the same message about the trial period beginning at multiple FSDreamteam airports.  Reinstalling KCLT fixed the issue, but it makes no sense to have to install a different airport than the one or ones that were disappearing.  Unless somehow the installer for KCLT was fixing an underlying issue with the other airport installers. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2023, 12:42:18 pm »
- Install the FSDT Universal Installer

- Restart Windows after installing

- Configure the Antivirus to be sure the whole "Addon Manager" folder is added to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS

- Run the FSDT Live Update to be sure everything is update.

jfwharton

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2023, 08:41:11 pm »
Thank you for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, I already had C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager (including subfolders) added to the exclusions list for my antivirus when this issue happened.