Products Support > GSX Support FSX/P3D

Prepar3d V6 support info

(1/5) > >>

virtuali:
FSDT is happy to announce all our installers now supports Prepar3d V6, so they can simply be downloaded again from our site, with no extra charge. We also sent updated installers supporting P3D V6 to Simmarket, so you can download them from there as well.

A few notes about compatibility of our products in Prepar3d V6:

GSX and GSX Level 2

Thanks to the usage of the Couatl scripting engine, which handles all eventual differences between simulators, GSX runs in P3D V6 exactly as it does in V5.

EDIT:
Since version 1.8.0, SODE supports Prepar3d V6. The GSX installers has been updated again now, to include SODE 1.8.0.

FSDT Airports

We updated all the airports installers to support P3D V6. However, there might be visual issues, especially with older sceneries originally made for FSX, which can be mitigated as follows:

- Some partially transparent objects will not show correctly if SSAO is enabled. We suggest disabling it when using a scenery not specifically made for P3D V6 anyway, since using SSAO on a scenery that already has baked-in AO (due to the lack of realtime AO in previous versions of the sim) will result in objects too dark, because the AO would be applied twice.

- With some of the older sceneries, those issues can't be fixed everywhere, even without SSAO. We'll try to work with LM to see if this can be fixed easily, and possibly on their side (those sceneries worked up to V5), but we are not planning extensive updates to fix these issues, which happens mostly on older sceneries made for FSX, which should be considered Legacy now.

The Future

We'll continue to keep GSX updated and as much in sync as possible with the MSFS version, likely for the whole P3D V6 product life.

About airports, we'll keep trying to make them usable in P3D V6, as we did with V5, but that would stop at the installation/update level, we are not planning major updates to fix compatibility issues like visual problems affecting the older sceneries. We are not currently developing any NEW airports for P3D either.

okupton:
This is great. Thank you for your continued support of P3d users.

RobC:
Thank you virtuali, much more than we could ask for at this time.

I have a quick question about the SODE entries, mine are where they are supposed to be in v5, but instead of saying ACTIVE=true, mine says ACTIVE=false??

But everything seems to be working in v5.4?

Is this a problem?  Should I change them?

thanks

virtuali:

--- Quote from: RobC on July 06, 2023, 01:26:16 am ---I have a quick question about the SODE entries, mine are where they are supposed to be in v5, but instead of saying ACTIVE=true, mine says ACTIVE=false??
--- End quote ---

Maybe you have SODE in two add-on.cfg files ? Check my post, it says you might have it in two different location, possibly one is set to True. Of course, to have an add-on started with the sim, it must be active in the add-on.cfg file.

Note that, this is functionally equivalent of setting its checkmark in the Options->Add-ons menu of the sim.

Supera380:
Umberto,

Could you make a comment about v6 and FSDT sceneries and reflections ? Are they working as they did in v5?

One or two developers are reporting reflections are not working for them in v6.What has been your findings?

Thx.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version