Author Topic: Prepar3d V6 support info  (Read 7814 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Prepar3d V6 support info
« on: July 05, 2023, 03:10:36 pm »
FSDT is happy to announce all our installers now supports Prepar3d V6, so they can simply be downloaded again from our site, with no extra charge. We also sent updated installers supporting P3D V6 to Simmarket, so you can download them from there as well.

A few notes about compatibility of our products in Prepar3d V6:

GSX and GSX Level 2

Thanks to the usage of the Couatl scripting engine, which handles all eventual differences between simulators, GSX runs in P3D V6 exactly as it does in V5.

EDIT:
Since version 1.8.0, SODE supports Prepar3d V6. The GSX installers has been updated again now, to include SODE 1.8.0.

FSDT Airports

We updated all the airports installers to support P3D V6. However, there might be visual issues, especially with older sceneries originally made for FSX, which can be mitigated as follows:

- Some partially transparent objects will not show correctly if SSAO is enabled. We suggest disabling it when using a scenery not specifically made for P3D V6 anyway, since using SSAO on a scenery that already has baked-in AO (due to the lack of realtime AO in previous versions of the sim) will result in objects too dark, because the AO would be applied twice.

- With some of the older sceneries, those issues can't be fixed everywhere, even without SSAO. We'll try to work with LM to see if this can be fixed easily, and possibly on their side (those sceneries worked up to V5), but we are not planning extensive updates to fix these issues, which happens mostly on older sceneries made for FSX, which should be considered Legacy now.

The Future

We'll continue to keep GSX updated and as much in sync as possible with the MSFS version, likely for the whole P3D V6 product life.

About airports, we'll keep trying to make them usable in P3D V6, as we did with V5, but that would stop at the installation/update level, we are not planning major updates to fix compatibility issues like visual problems affecting the older sceneries. We are not currently developing any NEW airports for P3D either.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 11:20:30 am by virtuali »

okupton

Re: Prepar3d V6 support info
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 07:11:10 pm »
This is great. Thank you for your continued support of P3d users.

RobC

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 01:26:16 am »
Thank you virtuali, much more than we could ask for at this time.

I have a quick question about the SODE entries, mine are where they are supposed to be in v5, but instead of saying ACTIVE=true, mine says ACTIVE=false??

But everything seems to be working in v5.4?

Is this a problem?  Should I change them?

thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 01:25:58 pm »
I have a quick question about the SODE entries, mine are where they are supposed to be in v5, but instead of saying ACTIVE=true, mine says ACTIVE=false??

Maybe you have SODE in two add-on.cfg files ? Check my post, it says you might have it in two different location, possibly one is set to True. Of course, to have an add-on started with the sim, it must be active in the add-on.cfg file.

Note that, this is functionally equivalent of setting its checkmark in the Options->Add-ons menu of the sim.

Supera380

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 04:12:21 pm »
Umberto,

Could you make a comment about v6 and FSDT sceneries and reflections ? Are they working as they did in v5?

One or two developers are reporting reflections are not working for them in v6.What has been your findings?

Thx.

RobC

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 05:22:59 pm »

Maybe you have SODE in two add-on.cfg files ? Check my post, it says you might have it in two different location, possibly one is set to True. Of course, to have an add-on started with the sim, it must be active in the add-on.cfg file.

Note that, this is functionally equivalent of setting its checkmark in the Options->Add-ons menu of the sim.

Got it, thank you!!

And thanks again for taking the time to do this for us, everything seems to be working well so far.   

Tamba765

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 10:01:29 pm »
I have P3Dv5 and P3Dv6 installed on two separate drives on my PC. Since v5 doesn't show up on the drive where v6 is installed, is there a way to get the SODE fix to work? Thanks.

Pete Locascio
Pete Locascio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2023, 11:10:40 pm »
Since v5 doesn't show up on the drive where v6 is installed, is there a way to get the SODE fix to work? Thanks.

It doesn't matter where P3D V5 is installed, if you read the instructions carefully, you would see you need to set the P3D V5 ( yes, V5! ) path in the add-on.cfg line for V6, so the fix should work.

Tamba765

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2023, 09:06:09 pm »
I've tried the procedure several times with no success. There are no jetways or cabs at any of the pay ware airports I have that use SODE. I've read the other posts in this thread, but still no luck. The FSDT jetways show up, but I'm unable to get the GSX menu to appear which allows me to move them as I can in P3Dv5. I use the GSX menu in the menu bar in P3Dv5 and it works as it should. Any ideas? Thanks.
Pete Locascio

12bpilot

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2023, 10:43:40 am »
Hey folks,

I have updated SODE to support Prepar3D v6: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?p=5429

Best regards,
Jeff

srcooke

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2023, 11:09:07 am »
Hey folks,

I have updated SODE to support Prepar3D v6: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?p=5429

Best regards,
Jeff

Thanks very much for the update Jeff, really is appreciated.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2023, 02:33:08 pm »
Could someone lock this post please? SODE has been updated for P3Dv6.
TheCaptain3618

Tamba765

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2023, 12:01:42 am »
     I installed the latest SODE version, 1.8.0, plus the required Sim Connect version. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the FlightBeam airports I have, but KSFO is the only one that has jetways. I checked my other addon airports from other developers that I have installed in P3Dv6 with SODE jetways, and there are no jetways at any of them. Is there something else I need to do?
     I tried posting this on the SODE forum, but I'm unable to log on with the credentials I have. Thanks.
Pete Locascio

Aviator1979

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2023, 01:47:28 am »
Hello friend Umberto, i just installed P3D6 and wanted to install the sceneries for V6 but all my airports in P3D5 have custom files (dynam light, gsx jetways for older airports etc..) will the V6 installer overwrite all those files to original ? i have all 'dontupdate' files in there but im afraid it will reset all those airports to default? Is it possible to backup the FSDreamTeam folder?
Greets
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 01:49:15 am by Aviator1979 »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2023, 02:58:19 am »
It shouldn't overwrite it. Worst case scenario, just back it up if you wish.
Captain Kevin