General Category > General Discussion

No warning CTD on FSX startup

(1/1)

scon:
I am posting here as this applies to all FSDT products I have...

I am getting a CTD upon starting FSX, I get no warning, as soon as things like the REX weather engine, ultimate traffic 2 e.t.c have loaded FSX crashes, I am assuming when the bglmanx.dll initializes. FSX is so close to starting that the main screen (aircraft,location,date e.t.c) begins to appear on screen, and then it crashes.

I have isolated the issue to the installation of the addon manager. I have removed all FSDT scenery products and FSX starts ok, if I remove the addon manager or manually remove the bglmanx.dll and .dat files (4 of them) from the FSX root location FSX also starts ok (with the scenery products still installed).

I have also tried a fsx.cfg rebuild

The strange thing is I have no idea what has caused this, I noticed at JFK the buildings so I re-installed the addon manager (downloaded yesterday) and this saga has begun.

I have read through other similar posts on this forum and non the the tips have helped and my difference being I have received no warning.

Any Ideas?

----
Running

FSX + Acceleration
Windows 7 x64

Regards, Scott

virtuali:
A Quit to Desktop (it's not a crash), that fixes when you disable the Addon Manager, it's usually caused by a mix-match between version, as if you were trying to use a .DLL newer then the related set of .DAT files, or vice-versa.

It should be fixed by installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and don't touch any files afterwards.

Note, a mix-match might be also created by the antivirus: if the .dll is blocked from installing, the .DAT (which are not scanned, since they are not executables) will be installed, but the .dll will not, so you might be stuck with an older version of the .DLL, that doesn't match the newer .DAT files.

So, as suggested in several other threads, if you suspect the problem might have been caused by the antivirus, you should install it this way:

- Turn the Antivirus OFF.

- Install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure your antivirus to exclude the following file from scanning:

\YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll

- Turn the antivirus back ON, launch FSX

Another reason of the quit on start, might be a failed and/or corrupted Esellerateengine.dll file, as if you were trying to use an old version of the .dll OR, an older version of the Esellerateengine.dll that has been installed by another product in the wrong folder ( C:\Windows on Vista, for example ), that prevents to be updated by our installer.

To verify this is not the case, check if you have the Esellerateengine.dll file in all the following locations:

C:\Windows
C:\ProgramData\Esellerate  (This is hidden by default, you need to enable hidden folders View in Explorer to see it)
\YourFSXFolder

If you have the Esellerateengine.dll in any of these folders, REMOVE ALL COPIES.

Then, install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, which will restore the correct version in the correct location, which is C:\ProgramData\Esellerate on Vista or Windows 7, or C:\Windows under XP.

scon:
Perfect

Issue solved  :)

it was a Esellerateengine.dll file sitting n the C:\ProgramData\Esellerate directory

it has been deleted and all is functioning ok.

Thanks for your help !

Regards, Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version