Author Topic: couatl error  (Read 3041 times)

Kai-Uwe

couatl error
« on: June 10, 2023, 05:54:06 pm »
after a longer time of absence I wanted starting a leg from LFSB, Basel, FSDT. Firstly I tried the A310, after that Fenix A320. In every case, after pressing "ready for fly" and sitting in my VC, I get the couatl error message (see attachment) and it is not possible doing some GSX-related things here.
It is the only airport with this behaviour; I switched to LSZH (FSDT) after failing of LFSB for example - perfectly!
GSX is at 2.62, LFSB at 1.30; I reinstalled LFSB already; no success. I tried gate A20 and 36.

What can I do here?

Kai
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 05:55:51 pm by Kai-Uwe »

BENSON33

Re: couatl error
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 05:20:29 pm »
same thing here, I just made a post before seeing yours, my version of LFSB comes from the simmarket for my part. As soon as I want to open GSX, Coualt encounters an error and forces me to close it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 05:24:53 pm »
As soon as I want to open GSX, Coualt encounters an error and forces me to close it.

Please post your error log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 05:28:20 pm »
after pressing "ready for fly" and sitting in my VC, I get the couatl error message (see attachment) and it is not possible doing some GSX-related things here.

You posted the .err file, which is not detailed enough to understand the problem.

Enable logging in the troubleshooting section of the GSX settings (when you are on another airport), go to LFSB, reproduce the error, DO NOT choose to restart Couatl (otherwise the log will be overwritten), and post (ZIPPED and ATTACHED to a post ) the Couatl.LOG file instead.

Judging from the error text, it seems for some reason MSFS is not detected, and the scenery is executing code that is only used in P3D, so it's calling objects that are only available in P3D. The complete log should tell us more.

BENSON33

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2023, 05:28:33 pm »
As soon as I want to open GSX, Coualt encounters an error and forces me to close it.

Please post your error log.

here is the error log

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2023, 05:29:04 pm »
You posted the .err file, which is not detailed enough to understand the problem.

Enable logging in the troubleshooting section of the GSX settings (when you are on another airport), go to LFSB, reproduce the error, DO NOT choose to restart Couatl (otherwise the log will be overwritten), and post (ZIPPED and ATTACHED to a post ) the Couatl.LOG file instead.

Judging from the error text, it seems for some reason MSFS is not detected, and the scenery is executing code that is only used in P3D, so it's calling objects that are only available in P3D. The complete log should tell us more.

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2023, 07:36:06 pm »
Here it is.

Kai

BENSON33

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2023, 07:36:23 pm »
Here is the detailed file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2023, 10:49:29 pm »
You have the same exact problem, which I cannot reproduce, and it's basically an impossible situation: the log clearly says MSFS has been detected correctly, but later on the LFSB script is executing code meant for P3D.

I can only explain it with some strange mix-up of old/new files, which is completely confusing the program so, try this:

- Run the FSDT Live Update again

- If that doesn't fix it, download and install the current Offline Installer here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.0.html

If you downloaded an earlier version before, be absolutely sure you are starting the version you downloaded now. DO NOT run the Live Update if you are using the Offline installer, that's the only way to be sure you are not affected by outdated local cloudflare nodes which might cause not getting all the latest files.

Itep

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2023, 12:33:45 am »
Me too I have the same problem. Following your instructions with the Offline Installer didn't solve the problem.
This Couatl.LOG was created after using the offline installer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2023, 01:48:44 am »
This Couatl.LOG was created after using the offline installer.

Either you are not using the current version of the Offline installer, or you antivirus must have blocked it (even partially), because your log shows you are using an outdated version of the Couatl engine, which is not normally possible to get when using the current version of the Offline installer.

The Offline installer, being Offline, means you cannot use a previous version you might have downloaded, even a few days ago, because it's constantly updated to be kept in sync with all the smallest updates of the Live Update.

So, again, be absolutely sure you download again the current Offline installer, be absolutely sure you are starting that one, because the version of the Couatl engine included in the current version of the Offline, as of today, is 4.8.0.4251 but your log shows you are running the 4236 version.

If you sure the offline installer is really the latest version, it's possible your antivirus is blocking the update of the .exe and letting pass other non-exe files, causing a mis-match between files coming from different versions, which will cause all sort of problems. In that case, the usual suggestion applies:

- Configure the antivirus and be sure the completely Addon Manager FOLDER is added to the Antivirus EXCLUSIONS

- Run the latest version of the Offline installer again.

BENSON33

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2023, 02:51:37 am »
You have the same exact problem, which I cannot reproduce, and it's basically an impossible situation: the log clearly says MSFS has been detected correctly, but later on the LFSB script is executing code meant for P3D.

I can only explain it with some strange mix-up of old/new files, which is completely confusing the program so, try this:

- Run the FSDT Live Update again

- If that doesn't fix it, download and install the current Offline Installer here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.0.html

If you downloaded an earlier version before, be absolutely sure you are starting the version you downloaded now. DO NOT run the Live Update if you are using the Offline installer, that's the only way to be sure you are not affected by outdated local cloudflare nodes which might cause not getting all the latest files.

No improvement running the latest Offline program for me that I just downloaded.
interesting fact I just tried by uninstalling LFSB, the same problem occurs with the closing of Coualt with asobo basic LFSB

LFSB however worked perfectly with GSX and the dedicated ini profile before upgrading to version 2.6.2
This is the only airport where GSX does not work, for the rest everything works perfectly.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 02:58:44 am by BENSON33 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2023, 03:04:35 am »
Please read my last post about checking the version and be sure you redownload the offline installer now, and be sure you are starting that one, and be sure your antivirus is properly configured.

When I say "download now", I really mean it, that is after I posted this.

Itep

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2023, 03:42:02 am »
Okay, I can confirm the latest offline installer did the job!  :)
Everything works as intended again.
Thanks!

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2023, 04:07:56 pm »
The offline-installer did it, thanks a lot.

When will I be able again updating via liveupdate without having problems after?

Kai