Author Topic: No buildings!!!  (Read 6508 times)

stanley4199

No buildings!!!
« on: April 12, 2010, 12:38:38 am »
Hello

I installed the scenery (show in scenery library) and FSdreamteam folder, activated through internet but no buldings showing just few gateways!!
Any idea.Thanks

stan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 10:32:53 am »
As explained in many other threads in this forum, the most common cause of missing buildings, is an antivirus fault, which mistakenly identify our software as a threat, and block its installation. If you don't see the "Addon Manager" menu under the main FS9 menu, it's surely due to this problem.

If this is the case, you should install it in this way:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?"

- Turn the Antivirus OFF.

- Reinstall the scenery, don't launch FS9 yet.

- Configure your antivirus to exclude the following file from scanning:

\YourFS9Folder\MODULES\bglman.dll

- Turn the antivirus back ON, launch FS9.

stanley4199

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 06:48:52 am »
Thanks for the reply will try that.

Kelleymoe

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 05:02:49 am »
Virtuali,

I'm having the same problems.  I followed your directions and I still don't have any buildings.  I turned off my virus checker throughout the process and still nothing.  My KORD and Cloud 9 sceneries all work fine, but not PHNL.  I was able to register my PHNL.  Any other suggestions?  I use McAfee virus checker.

Thanks,

Mike Franks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 10:26:44 am »
I turned off my virus checker throughout the process and still nothing.  My KORD and Cloud 9 sceneries all work fine, but not PHNL.  I was able to register my PHNL.  Any other suggestions?  I use McAfee virus checker.

Your problem is not the same, then. Antyhing related to the antivirus, would create the effect of blocking the Addon Manager, which will not run. In this case, you won't see its menu and no other scenery from Cloud9 or FSDT will work.

Since you see the Addon Manager, then your problem is entirely different, doesn't have anything to do with the antivirus or the registration/activation.

- Check you have PHNL in the Scenery Library. If not, add it manually.

- Check PHNL is on top of the Scenery Library, which is where the installer puts it. If not, move it there manually. The only scenery that is safe to be higher then PHNL, it's AES, if you have it.

- Check you don't have any other AFCAD or any other scenery for PHNL installed. The most common cause is AFCAD files that come with AI Traffic packages, like My Traffic. If you have any .BGL coming from these products that is related to PHNL, remove it.

Kelleymoe

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 07:18:36 pm »
Virtuali,

Thanks for the quick feedback.  I was able to fix my problem by replacing my bglman.dll and the other four files associated with FSDT, in the modules folder, with the the five files from a previous installation.  I pulled these off my old hard drive.  Since I have everything installed in the same manner, it worked.  Not the ideal solution, but it worked.  I think the next time I have to reinstall my scenery, I'll start with PHNL first and leave my McAfee off for the installation of all my FSDT/Cloud 9 scenery.  This time, I loaded PHNL last.  Maybe this will work?

Mike Franks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 11:55:47 pm »
There's no difference whatsoever between PHNL and the other scenery installers. They all get the SAME, exact, bglman.dll and .dat files from the same URL, and you should really only use the current version, which is impossible to miss, since it's downloaded by all installers from the same place.

The only difference are old Cloud9 products that don't have an FSDT updated installer. These should be installed first, because they don't have an online updater.

If you have any FSDT installers with online update, their installation order doesn't matter,  since they always get the same files.

This, provided everything work without the interference of the antivirus.

IF the antivirus is interfering, it will also block the download and self-update of the files, and McAfee in this case is the worse, since it doesn't allow you to exclude a folder from scanning. In this case, everything could happen.

In theory, it should work by installing with the antivirus off, then configuring it to exclude the affected files but, since McAfee doesn't allow user exclusions (unless you have the Enterprise version), this will be difficult to do with it.

I'm sorry, but the only real solution is to switch to a better antivirus, since being able to exclude files from scanning is CRUCIAL to any antivirus, and it's a feature of basically all of them, including free ones.

Flight1 has the same suggestion on their forum, because it's a common problem:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=24061