Author Topic: bglmanx.dll problems FSX  (Read 850 times)

chano777

bglmanx.dll problems FSX
« on: June 01, 2023, 08:30:05 am »

Hello
A few weeks ago I'm having problems with FSX. Sometimes it does not want to start and the bglmanx.dll failure report appears.
When I give the option "Yes" the simulator starts but during the flight it crashes
I am attaching the screenshot showing the report involving the bglmanx.dll
I use Widows 10 and the FSX service pack2
I hope you can help me to solve this problem.
Regards
Carlos

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglmanx.dll problems FSX
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 10:14:06 am »
- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus exclusions

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

Also, I strongly suggest to update FSX to at least its latest version, which is the Steam version. SP2 has some stability issues and bugs that don't exists in the Acceleration Pack version, and the Steam version is even newer, and it was even updated recently.

When the usual Steam sale starts, FSX usually goes down to like 5$ or so, and even stability issues apart, buying it at that price would be worth even as just a backup in case your DVD fails and with the ease of installation in general.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 10:17:43 am by virtuali »

chano777

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 08:39:45 am »
Greetings,
Yesterday I wrote to you about problems with FSX SP2 that I have installed on my PC with Windows 10 64 bit.
There are times when FSX doesn't boot up or if it does then it crashes in flight. I checked the event viewer and saw these errors:

fsx.exe 
   475e17d3 
   API.DLL 
   475e180d 
   c0000005 
   0003a10d 
   3dd0 
   01d994f46a7b6aa3 
   F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe 
   F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\API.DLL 
   e4a1eb32-a161-4851-9d87-a85b3c718750 

and

fsx.exe 
   475e17d3 
   nvwgf2um.dll 
   63f82ec7 
   c0000005 
   005275e7 
   4cc 
   01d994efc2d1e744 
   F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe 
   C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_81d55a78dddd30f4\nvwgf2um.dll 
   cd26fc01-a6d3-4fc6-8a35-2ed6aec52373 

and

couatl.exe 
   6453af5e 
   couatl.exe 
   6453af5e 
   c0000005 
   0005a969 
   1fc 
   01d994efbdb0d35b 
   C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\couatl.exe 
   C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\couatl.exe 
   894fd1c8-75a8-4471-a386-7d4ab2b8f3c5 

Also, when starting the simulator, sometimes a window appears that says the following:
"Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third - party software program (add-on)
Name: Addon Manager
Version: Release Version
Company: VIRTUALI Sagl
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\bglmanx.dll

A window similar to the previous one may also appear with the following File:
File C:\CMeteoXml.dll 

I hope you can help me solve this problem
Regards

Carlos Meneses

chano777

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 09:16:57 am »
Greetings again,
I followed the steps that he told me and when doing the Update with the FSDT Live Update the message that I attached to the screenshot appeared. I clicked "OK" to continue with the update. There is a problem with that? I tried to start the simulator but it didn't start. I suspect that this problem started after the last Windows 10 update, before that the simulator worked perfectly.
Thank you very much Umberto for devoting your time to my questions. I hope this problem can be solved.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 03:39:31 pm »
Did you try removing the last Windows update to see if it caused it.
Captain Kevin

chano777

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2023, 07:58:17 am »
Hello

Hello,
I received the following suggestion from the Microsoft community. I would like to know your opinion.

Hi , Carlos.

"I am Ivan, I will help you with this.

For what is informing some third party program that "addon manage"r is causing some failure in the software type manager of mods try to remove Addon manager or disable the mods of Flight simulator"

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2023, 02:16:00 pm »
Have you gave the Microsoft community the complete information, or just your assumption the cause was the Addon Manager ? Because, from your own log, I can see this:

A window similar to the previous one may also appear with the following File:

File C:\CMeteoXml.dll

So, it's very possible that, a problem in your FSX install, possibly caused by that add-on, which is not related in any way to any our products, might have caused the sim crash, which in turn made our software crash as well.

Have you possibly enabled some kind of Compatibility mode to FSX, like Windows 7 mode in Windows 10 ? These should be disabled, which is how FSX gets installed to by default, and they might have also caused the supposed problem with the Addon Manager.

If you run the FSDT Live Update, it will disable any Compatibility you or another add-on has set for FSX. However, sometimes Windows itself mistakenly set a compatibility flag automatically, trying to "help" with an application IT things it's "old". Which is also why, I suggested to update FSX to the Steam version, since FSX SP2 still has lots of unresolved issues nobody will ever fix.

chano777

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2023, 07:58:52 am »
Hello,
Of course I give them the same complete information as you do. I also consulted Carenado for File C:\CMeteoXml.dll and they answered me as follows:
"We suggest a reinstallation of the simulator, since we have no problems on our side and it is the first report we have received with this situation."
Yesterday I did an Update from the FSDT Live Update and today the simulator didn't crash. It worked normally after two weeks of presenting that problem. All that is very strange. I will continue to observe how it works these days and will keep you informed.
Thank you
Regards

bcm652

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2023, 03:44:41 am »
Now that your half the way there, download FSX Steam Edition and get set for better flying.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2023, 11:55:32 am »
Yesterday I did an Update from the FSDT Live Update and today the simulator didn't crash. It worked normally after two weeks of presenting that problem. All that is very strange.

It's not strange at all. One of the possible reasons for those TWO crashes ( bglmanx.dll and CMeteoXml.dll ), was that Windows sometimes automatically set some Compatibility flags which you can't even see in the FSX.EXE Properties, because they are only in the registry, for products IT thinks they should run in a Compatibility mode, but they shouldn't.

So when you run the FSDT Updater, it clears up all those hidden registry settings automatically, fixing the problem.

chano777

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2023, 07:55:19 am »
Hello,
I thought that too, I have been observing the behavior of the simulator these days and when I start it it crashes, however on the second or third try it runs normally as long as it is not connected to the Rex Sky Force 3D that I use together with the Active Sky AS16. Before they worked together without any problem, now I only use the Active Sky so that the simulator can start. Another curious thing was to discover that there are times when connecting to VPilot to fly online, the simulator also crashes (sometimes). In conclusion, on the second or third attempt, the simulator starts without Active Sky and sometimes it crashes when connecting to VPilot.
Regards