Author Topic: Can the Pushback Tug go forwards?  (Read 1210 times)

CaliKrak

Can the Pushback Tug go forwards?
« on: May 09, 2023, 03:18:03 am »
Hey everyone, so I've been customizing the pushback routes in my airports recently and, in some of the cases, I've found myself in a situation that requires the pushback and then the procedure should move the aircraft a bit forwards to a specific spot for engine start and initial taxi.

My concern and the reason I come here is that in this cases the tug will awkwardly turn itself under the airplane to push the plane forward but going backwards itself. Is there anyway to set up the tug to go actually forward as in real life?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Can the Pushback Tug go forwards?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 01:35:37 pm »
Not at the present time. It's planned to be implemented at some point, but no clue when that is.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 10:56:14 am »
My concern and the reason I come here is that in this cases the tug will awkwardly turn itself under the airplane to push the plane forward but going backwards itself. Is there anyway to set up the tug to go actually forward as in real life?

Please make a concrete example of the exact place this is happening, with the precise positions you wanted the pushback to end, and I can check if there really isn't any other way to do a custom pushback with the existing method.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 08:23:15 pm »
One example here at KSFO. Plane is pushed, then pulled past the other 747.

https://youtu.be/5WUPcBOWI3s?t=3087
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 04:21:24 pm by virtuali »
Captain Kevin

bcm652

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2023, 12:10:14 am »
I often wondered how that would work after a pushback and the pilots couldn't get a good engine start. A pullback would fix that.
Mind you, an engine failure has never happened.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 12:11:54 am by bcm652 »

CaliKrak

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2023, 05:52:40 am »

Please make a concrete example of the exact place this is happening, with the precise positions you wanted the pushback to end, and I can check if there really isn't any other way to do a custom pushback with the existing method.

The precise location I am trying to do this is at Bogotá El Dorado Intl Airport (SKBO) at Gate 87 which is the National Apron and the thing is, I think a pull of the Tug is required to meet what the published pushback procedures at the airport are. Space is limited to turn the plena around in a more complex manouver due to parking positions located in both sides of the apron.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2023, 04:21:09 pm »
The precise location I am trying to do this is at Bogotá El Dorado Intl Airport (SKBO) at Gate 87 which is the National Apron and the thing is, I think a pull of the Tug is required to meet what the published pushback procedures at the airport are. Space is limited to turn the plena around in a more complex manouver due to parking positions located in both sides of the apron.

Can I assume you are referring to the default airport in MSFS ? If not, please clarify exactly the scenery used.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2023, 04:23:16 pm »
One example here at KSFO. Plane is pushed, then pulled past the other 747.

I haven't asked a real life example of a pull, we are obviously perfectly aware it's something that is used in real life, and confirmed multiple times the feature is planned in GSX, although it's not coming quickly.

I asked, instead, if you have a concrete example of a place where, by using the GSX existing custom pushback tools, you cannot perform a reasonable pushback in any way.

CaliKrak

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2023, 12:35:31 am »
Ok sorry for taking so long to answer, I'm back. For the first question, the answer is No, I am using the Bogotá scenery created by PKSIM but I assume the default scenery should have the same problem, the design of the airport itself leads to the problem this topic is all based on. Now, for the second one, I specifically posted because the pushback from gate 89 in the Bogotá airport (PKSIM) is impossible to complete without making a really crazy turn around of the aircraft during the push which is obviously not done in real life. Anyway, it´s glad to know that you people at FSDT are working to implement the feature.

You can close the topic if you wish, thanks for all.