Author Topic: GSX malfunctions when using user-created logos  (Read 2071 times)

fslogin

GSX malfunctions when using user-created logos
« on: May 07, 2023, 07:21:17 pm »
Hello!

I use GSX 2.5.9 with P3Dv4.
There is an issue with custom logos for handling operators.

Creating the logo, from an image file, works: I see it in the list, I see the thumbnail, everything is present in the folder Roaming\Virtuali\Xtexture\handling but the logo never appears on the stairs, luggage vehicles, etc. It's always a random logo that comes in!

I've tested with several logos, I've rerun the Couatl engine several times, etc. Nothing works.
There is no error in Coualt.log

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 07:23:05 pm by fslogin »

joe91

Re: GSX malfunctions when using user-created logos
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 08:15:31 pm »
Hi! same issue for me..

fslogin

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 12:31:17 pm »
No idea for this issue?

CaptainSazzman

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023, 02:26:20 pm »
I noticed the same issue. Since the April 2023 updates, GSX doesn't obey the specified ground handlers or catering vehicles set in the parking config menu. GSX has also started ignoring the atc_parking_codes value I set in the aircraft CFG.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 03:43:33 pm »
GSX has also started ignoring the atc_parking_codes value I set in the aircraft CFG.

GSX never used the atc_parking_codes in the aircraft.cfg, except for choosing the ULDs, are you referring to just these ?

CaptainSazzman

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 07:39:29 pm »
GSX has also started ignoring the atc_parking_codes value I set in the aircraft CFG.

GSX never used the atc_parking_codes in the aircraft.cfg, except for choosing the ULDs, are you referring to just these ?

Yes. The atc_parking_codes rule seems to be ignored by GSX when choosing which ULD texture to load. This has been happening since April.

I also noticed that the ground handlers I type in the parking settings box are mostly ignored. Same for the catering handler. This second issue has been happening since the end of May update.

Do you have some hints on where to look, please?

Before these issues I had GSX set up like this:

- Imagine I am flying at Frankfurt airport on the PMDG 747.
- My catering handler is WISAG and the ground handler is Fraport (as set in the GSX menu).
- When it is time to board, Lufthansa ULD containers show up because I modified the aircraft cfg to add atc_parking_codes=DLH

Today, none of that is possible. I am not blaming GSX, far from it, I am just giving an example that could help the team.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2023, 11:58:51 pm »
I also noticed that the ground handlers I type in the parking settings box are mostly ignored. Same for the catering handler. This second issue has been happening since the end of May update.

This is not an issue. It's how GSX was always supposed to work so, it's really a fix.

The parking codes in the parking spot should NOT directly decide the handler. They should only give a preference, but only if the matching code is for an operator that would otherwise always being chosen, being with an higher score than all the others so, parking code in the parking, were *supposed* to be used ONLY as a tie-breakers for all operators at the maximum score.

However, it didn't work exactly as documented, so using those codes, you could affect the choice of the handler directly, and being able to select handlers which wouldn't be chosen otherwise.

The update you are referring to (in fact, it's not the end of May update, which didn't change anything about codes), it was the one at the end of April instead.

That update, which allowed to choose MULTIPLE EXPLICIT operators (it wasn't possible before), made using parking codes obsolete, because now you can choose any (multiple) operators, bypassing completely the built-in rules.

So the parking codes are finally back to work as originally designed, just as scoring boosters, because the new system is far easier to understand and it gives you more flexibility.

CaptainSazzman

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2023, 02:24:01 am »

This is not an issue. It's how GSX was always supposed to work so, it's really a fix.

Thank you for the explanation. So if I understand correctly, I should use the multiple-select function in a drop-down list instead of typing the codes right?

Also, I still have a doubt about the atc_parking_codes. I like to use different handlers and different ULD textures based on where I fly. For example, if I am flying Alitalia in Paris Charles de Gaulle I will use Air France as the ground handler and the atc_parking_code to choose a specific ULD livery.

Today, GSX seems to ignore the atc_parking_codes and choose the ULD logo based on the ground handler. How do I set them specifically?

EDIT: I noticed after testing that GSX still ignores the catering livery selected, even after using the multiple select option of the drop-down list. Even after specifying a catering company, a random livery is spawned each time.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 02:50:30 am by CaptainSazzman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2023, 10:25:33 am »
Thank you for the explanation. So if I understand correctly, I should use the multiple-select function in a drop-down list instead of typing the codes right?

Yes, if you are making a custom profile, it doesn't make much sense to rely on parking codes, which would only control a preference amongst the ones following the built-in rules. With the multiple custom operators, you can choose any operator, so they are clearly more flexible. Parking codes for handlers/catering should only control what GSX will do with no customization, that was their original design intent.

Also, I still have a doubt about the atc_parking_codes. I like to use different handlers and different ULD textures based on where I fly. For example, if I am flying Alitalia in Paris Charles de Gaulle I will use Air France as the ground handler and the atc_parking_code to choose a specific ULD livery.

As I've said, with the custom operators you can control the handlers by airport, terminal or individual parking, so that's a no issue. About ULDs, then yes, they are still supposed to work with parking codes as they always did.

EDIT: I noticed after testing that GSX still ignores the catering livery selected, even after using the multiple select option of the drop-down list. Even after specifying a catering company, a random livery is spawned each time.

That's not what is supposed to happen. Please clarify exactly which P3D you are using, because you piggybacked into a thread which is specifically P34, since user created logos are only possible there, so I need to know if you are also using P3D4, because in that case, operator logos are handled a bit different, and it is possible there's an issue, because clearly most of our tests are made in MSFS, but the time we give to P3D is almost entirely in V5.

fslogin

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2023, 01:58:00 pm »
The issue I detailled in this post was for P3D v4

CaptainSazzman

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2023, 04:01:30 pm »

That's not what is supposed to happen. Please clarify exactly which P3D you are using, because you piggybacked into a thread which is specifically P34, since user created logos are only possible there, so I need to know if you are also using P3D4, because in that case, operator logos are handled a bit different, and it is possible there's an issue, because clearly most of our tests are made in MSFS, but the time we give to P3D is almost entirely in V5.

Thanks for your answers, you have cleared a lot of doubts!

I confirm that I use P3D V4.5.

I also confirm that the catering companies selected do not work, even when I use the new multiple-select function.

GSX also ignores the atc_parking_codes for aircraft and chooses the ULD logo based on which operator is handling.

I tested at Frankfurt using a Lufthansa 747 and selected handler United Airlines. The ULD livery was United Airlines even though I added atc_parking_codes=DLH. The ULD issue I have noticed since April.

I understand that a lot has been changing in GSX with updates and its possible that some things fell between the cracks. I am confident that everything will be sorted soon.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2023, 04:16:28 pm »
The ULD livery was United Airlines even though I added atc_parking_codes=DLH.

That's because the code for Lufthansa in GSX is LH.

CaptainSazzman

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2023, 11:46:30 pm »
The ULD livery was United Airlines even though I added atc_parking_codes=DLH.

That's because the code for Lufthansa in GSX is LH.

I tried again and it doesn't work:

I loaded the PMDG 747 at RKSI Seoul airport and set Korean Air and Asiana as handlers using the new drop-menu system.

I set atc_parking_codes=KAL in the PMDG 747-8 aircraft cfg

I called for boarding using Asiana

The container codes were either Asiana or random operators. GSX ignored my custom command for container logos.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 12:40:46 am by CaptainSazzman »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2023, 02:48:40 am »
I think the containers use airline IATA codes rather than ICAO codes. Try adding OZ into the parking code line and see if that solves it.
Captain Kevin

CaptainSazzman

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2023, 07:10:54 am »
I think the containers use airline IATA codes rather than ICAO codes. Try adding OZ into the parking code line and see if that solves it.

Good suggestion but unfortunately it does not work...