Author Topic: New install of Scenery but no buildings??  (Read 18039 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New install of Scenery but no buildings??
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 10:54:45 am »
Is there away to find out what this dependencies is?

If there was, I would have already pointed out to a way to check it, and to download the missing files...unfortunately, the Simconnect diagnostics only says that you are missing one or more .DLL, but not which one.

You might try this program:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Open the \YourFSXfolder\bglmanx.dll file with this, and see what the program says.

bankheadd

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 02:02:20 pm »
Okay I'll try that program and see what happens. And I do have the Run as ADMIN set up correctly in FSX.EXE but no change. Will report back with results later.

bankheadd

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 06:45:11 pm »
Okay, I'm not sure what I was doing was correct, but here is the log from Dependencywalker. I'll appreciated if you can look at it an tell me what I'm looking at. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 06:54:38 pm »
Ok, you have two problems:

1) Simconnect.dll not found, meaning your FSX installation has a problem, or there's a Windows Side-by-side config problem that is preventing it to be loaded. This can be fixed this way:

- Uninstall FSX SP1 and SP2 (or Acceleration )

- Go to your Windows folder, usually C:\Windows, then the folder WinSxS. So, you should be inside the C:\Windows\WinSxS now, assuming you have installed Windows in the default folder.

- Find a folder named like this, and REMOVE IT:

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20

- Reinstall FSX SP1, then SP2 (or Acceleration)

2) As I've said in my previous message, you are missing the MS Visual C++ 2005 SP1 redistributable. This is automatically installed by our installer, unless you cancel it, or it can't be installed for any other reason. You can download it from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en

NOTE that, even if you have Win7 64 bit, you need to download THIS version, which is the 32 bit one, that is required by 32 bit apps. You can also try installing both versions of the runtimes.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 06:56:48 pm by virtuali »

bankheadd

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 12:50:53 am »
I have two files under the title you mentioned but  mines are slightly different,

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_none_dd92b94d8a196297

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_none_55f5ecdc14f60568

How do you delete SP1 & Acc? I don't see them in the add/remove panel

bankheadd

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 01:18:53 am »
Quick question? if I uninstall SP1 & ACC  will I have to basically uninstall FSX and my other add-on?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 01:44:49 am »
If you uninstall/reinstall SP2 and SP1, there usually no need to reinstall any of the addons.

As an alternative, you can just remove the Simconnect folder ( try with the 10.0.61259.0 one only, which is the SP2/Acc. version, which our software uses ), and then try to Uninstall/reinstall SP2 ( or Acceleration ) only.

Note that, if you use the Acceleration Pack, you should NOT install SP2!

bankheadd

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 01:58:25 am »
Is SP1 part of the initial install of FSX? Because I can't find it in the add/remove folder?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 11:45:12 am »
Please, re-read my last message: remove the Simconnect folder, then uninstall/reinstall SP2 ( or Acceleration ) only, it might be enough to repair missing files.

bankheadd

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2010, 12:05:28 am »
Okay I deleted the simconnect folder but my problem is that neither of the fsx SP's (SP1 OR ACC) appear in my add/remove panel? So I attempted to reinstall Acc but I get the following message (FSX is required to install FSX Acceleration). So I start FSX up and it starts with no problems. I just don't know how to properly delete Acc(SP2)?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2010, 08:59:37 am »
Okay I deleted the simconnect folder but my problem is that neither of the fsx SP's (SP1 OR ACC) appear in my add/remove panel?

That's would indicate another problem. The SP's should appear in the add/remove programs list. See this not from Microsoft about uninstalling SP2:

http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/SP2-EN-ReadMe.aspx

Quote from: microsoft

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Uninstall a program.
2. Click Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2, and then click Uninstall.
3. Click Flight Simulator X, and then click Repair.
4. Reinstall Service Pack 2.

If you had it, the "Repair" option might have been useful as well

So I attempted to reinstall Acc but I get the following message (FSX is required to install FSX Acceleration). So I start FSX up and it starts with no problems. I just don't know how to properly delete Acc(SP2)?

This is also very strange because, it seems something is wrong in your registry setting so, the MS installers don't find an existing FSX install.

I'm sorry but, it seems you whole FSX installation has problems. You might try inserting the FSX DVD1, and choose a "Repair", if it allows it. However, note that you might be required to reinstall all your addons after it.