Author Topic: New install of Scenery but no buildings??  (Read 18038 times)

bankheadd

New install of Scenery but no buildings??
« on: April 05, 2010, 03:44:09 am »
Okay, I just did a new install of FSX on a new HD and when I installed the following airports (KFLL, KLAS,KJFK,PHNL KORD) I have no Term buildings and no Addon mgr In my FSX menu bar? I'm using WIN 7 Ultimate 64bit on a dedicated hd FSX SP1/W ACC. I followed this link to troubleshoot the problem http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2282.0. I did this methed three times because the first time I did not turn my virus scan off (McAFEE) and the second and third time was to verify I didn't miss anything. I've also tried installing the addon mgr, but to no avial. I'm not running in compatibility mode, FSX ask to install Couatl Scripting & bglmax.dll and I answer yes, but when I boot fsx up it's a no go?  Not sure what the problem is, looking on the forum I see there are a lot of simular problems but I didn't see one with my problems exactly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New install of Scenery but no buildings??
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:22:18 am »
Since you have McAfee, and McAfee doesn't allow to exclude specific files from scanning (unless you have the Enterprise version), you can't have followed the suggestion in that thread entirely, which also asks to exclude our two executables from scanning before launching FSX.

Try doing it again, after a Windows reboot, with the Antivirus *entirely* turned off, even when launching FSX.

If you it still doens't work, you can try to activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode, this way:

Open notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=verbose
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell you what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

bankheadd

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 09:55:41 pm »
I met reply #12 as I didn't go down that far in the tread. Any how the last two times I tested fsx my anti-virus was turned off following your steps. Also what Im I looking for when I run the Simconnect.ini It comes up but I not sure what I'm looking for?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 10:23:31 pm »
Any how the last two times I tested fsx my anti-virus was turned off following your steps

It's not enough trying to launch FSX with the antivirus off. You need to reinstall the Addon Manager with the antivirus turned off, and leave it off when launching FSX, if you can't exclude the files (which is the case with McAfee)

Also what Im I looking for when I run the Simconnect.ini It comes up but I not sure what I'm looking for

As I've said in the previous message, just post what you are seeing. No need to post everything, since the Simconnect diagnostic window will contain a lot of output. It's enough you post the first 20-30 lines of text.

bankheadd

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 11:48:19 pm »
I faalled to mention that in my registry the hec key is 0x00023c00 (146432)?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 11:58:07 pm »
I faalled to mention that in my registry the hec key is 0x00023c00 (146432)?

That's how it should be.

Waiting from a report from your Simconnect diagnostic log.

bankheadd

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 12:02:52 am »
Do u need a print screen of it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 12:49:10 am »
Anything that can show the first 20-30 lines after the FSX startup.

bankheadd

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 01:09:44 am »
I hope this helps. I also uninstalled McAfee from my computer and reinstalled software but I get the same result? http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/290/fsdt.jpg
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 06:04:14 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 06:10:17 pm »
From your diagnostic window, you have two problems at the same time. One is the Couatl.exe that hasn't been launched, the other one is the bglmanx.dll that hasn't been launched, because of missing dependenices. Which means, some system .DLL in your Windows installation are missing.

The only dependencies we have from .DLL that are not part of a standard Windows installation are:

1) the MS Visual C++ 2005 SP1 redistributable. This is automatically installed by our installer, unless you cancel it, or it can't be installed for any other reason. You can download it from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en

2) the Esellerate .DLL, which is also automatically installed by our installer. You can check if it has been installed properly, by checking here:

C:\ProgramData\Esellerate

Note, this is an hidden folder so, you need to enable Hidden files view in the Explorer View settings, otherwise you can't see it.

If you still have the same message after you verified those libraries are properly installed (as I've said, they are both normally installed by our installer), then it means your Windows install is missing of some component. You can try run a Full Windows Update, and be sure everything is updated.

bankheadd

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 05:22:28 am »
This is really starting to become a pain! When I initially purchased the scenery I had no problems installing the scenery under WIN XP SP3. As a matter of fact I tried a test! On my drive where I have XP installed and FS9 & FSX, I installed KFLL and got the same problem, then I realized I used an old installer. So I reinstalled using a new installer and "boom" buildings and everything! I didn't have to turn Mcafee off either.

My setup is this, I have sorta like a dual boot thing working but using seperate HD's WIN XP SP3 on a dedicated HD running FS9 & FSX and WIN 7 64BIT on a dedicated HD, running fsx on a dedicated HD. This is afresh install of everything and had no issues with anything else. I have the following add-ons installed without issue: UTX NA, UTX CND, UTX ALASKA, AERSOFT LONDONX, PARIS, HAMBURB & Indy and several more with out problem. I'm really looking to get your scenery installed but it's a great product and I have it running in both FS9 & FSX in WINXP.

I also checked for steps 1 & 2 and I have both files installed and as far as doing a full windows updates, the only updates I need are optional updates for WIN7 Language Pack, Office 2007 and WIN Live Essentals.
at this point I don't won't to install FSX again with out a shadow of a doubt it's my system. ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 12:06:09 pm »
I also checked for steps 1 & 2 and I have both files installed and as far as doing a full windows updates, the only updates I need are optional updates for WIN7 Language Pack, Office 2007 and WIN Live Essentals.

This means the two dependencies we install using our installer are fine. But of course, the .DLL has a lot of other dependencies, but they are normal Windows files.

Which means, if you still are getting the "Check for missing dependencies" error, something else is missing, which should normally be installed with Windows. Of course, our installer can't contain each and every Windows .DLL it needs, otherwise it should come with the a whole Windows distribution inside...it can obviously only come with the ones that are not normally installed with Windows, which you said are fine.

Clear proof that the problem is in your Windows installation, is the same installer works on your XP install.

We routinely use and test our sceneries with Windows 7 64 bit.

Are you running FSX in one of the XP Compatibility modes ? Have you tried running FSX as Administrator ?

bankheadd

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 01:51:19 pm »
I'm not running in XP mode and as far as running as Admin I think I am already but not sure, I am still new to WIN 7 but I think I made myself the Admin. Is that under The Create New user? I'm replying from my XP right now and about to go to work, so if it's in that section I will check this evening.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 01:56:21 pm »
In Vista or Win7, even if your user is of the Admin type, programs are not run with Admin priviledges, unless you say so. To do this, right click on FSX.EXE, and select "Run as Administrator"

bankheadd

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 12:14:02 am »
Okay I uninstalled the scenery KFLL, deleted the two files in FSX trusted folder, rebooted win 7,  turned off McAfee to restart when I reboot computer but I'm still getting the same results, no term bldgs. ????? Is there away to find out what this dependencies is?