Author Topic: afcad with crossing runways?  (Read 6240 times)

b742f

afcad with crossing runways?
« on: April 01, 2010, 04:01:34 am »
Is there a new afcad available with more parking spaces, and crossing runways?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: afcad with crossing runways?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 04:04:55 pm »
The one included with the current version of the scenery (1.0.3), has plenty of parking spaces, and it supports crosswind runways.

b742f

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 02:43:14 am »
That is strange. I have the latest version installed and I can never request to take off from anything other than one of the runway 8s

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 12:57:30 pm »
The active runway depend of course on wind. Since at PHNL, the difference in heading between the two 8s and the two 4s is not so big, you need a quite strong wind component to switch runways. Some people complained that they can't get any other take-off request, other than the two 4s...

Note that, the runway for take off also depends from the parking spot you are starting from.

b742f

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 01:36:43 am »
true, but I should be able to request an alternative runway, at least that is how it works in every other scenery. If another runway is open, in the atc window I can select it. But in PHNL, it never comes up with anything other than which ever runways are active, either the 4s or the 8s. One or the other, not both. I should be able to do both since the wind is usually close enough to the heading of both

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 01:22:03 pm »
true, but I should be able to request an alternative runway, at least that is how it works in every other scenery.

There's no difference whatsoever in runway implementation in PHNL, comparing to any other scenery. They are plain standard AFCAD runways, and the x-wind runways are there. You can verify this with any AFCAD editor.

Of course, I assume you are using the AFCAD that comes with the scenery. As was explained, several times already, if you modify it (or use a modified one), it might happen that, by opening and saving the AFCAD file back, the "DeleteAllApproaches="False", which we inserted to keep the default approaches, might have been changed to "True" by the editor. Which will have the effect of losing all the approaches, because the AFCAD with PHNL contains none, and the default are ignored by that command. This will also have the effect of the ATC not showing other runways, but only the visual one.

You can check if this is the case, by opening the default GPS. If you see the approaches, then it's all fine. Otherwise your AFCAD is not correct, because it has been modified and saved back without taking care of that issue. Again, if you use the AFCAD that comes with the scenery, there are no problems.

Of course, even another AFCAD in conflict might cause problems.