Author Topic: Saturday Session Ideas  (Read 17472 times)

GOONIE

Re: Saturday Session Ideas
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 10:03:29 pm »
I definitely had fun the last time I flew with you guys during the saturday MP session, but unfortunately the same is true for me, saturdays are usually pretty busy and with the weather being nice it makes it even harder to be at the computer. I look forward to flying with you guys more, let me know if you are flying other times during the week or on Sunday.

I also like the teamspeak idea with separate channels. I fly with USNVA http://www.usnva.org/index.html sometimes, and we use teamspeak with separate channels. When I fly with them in FSX I have the PTT button setup on my throttle which works nicely. To switch channels I have to select the new channel in the teamspeak GUI window but there might be a shortcut/key for it, I just haven't found it. 
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 10:36:58 pm »
A/B...

Well, one way we can do it is to give it a try and if it fails, it fails.  We can see who liked having separate channels and who didnt and just go from there.  Leave up to the players.  And Im starting to think the TeamSpeak PTT is a good idea no matter what we end up with.  As far as the SuperBug, Im just planning in case its a killer inside of a multi session, nothing more.  If it works OK, we can scrap all the ideas we talked about for multiple sessions and fly all day.  As I said, Im just throwing ideas out there to be prepared, thats all.

CAPT H...

Glad to hear from ya.  Yeah, will check out that site when I get home.  Ive heard that TeamSpeak can be "hot key'd" so you can use FUNC keys to switch channels in-game?  Dont have any real knowledge of it, but will find out more when I get home.

Later
Sludge

Razgriz

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 11:21:57 pm »
I thought a video would be easier.

Orion

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 04:26:00 am »
Well, the two session would be split up people who have the SuperBug and those who do not, especially if the SuperBug is a frame rate HOG, itll be just like the Sludge FX gets when there are 4+ players in one session.  Choppy and very unplayable.
Well, I still don't get why we should segregate VRS Superbug users from default FA-18 users.  The VRS Superbug will most likely just be substituted as the default FA-18 for people who don't have it, so I don't see a problem.  Unless you're saying you should just keep the maximum people in a session to four if using either the VRS plane or the Sludge Effects Hornet.

Care to enlighten me?

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 06:29:35 am »
Yeah... the problem will be for the VRS users.  IF the VRS SuperBug is a F/R HOG, default Hornet users wont notice a thing.  However, those of us that are using the VRS will get LAG CITY, and I for one dont wanna fly in a slideshow session.

Enlightened?

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 06:34:09 am »
Raz...

Much thanks for the video.  Im installing now and will get back to you by Saturday w/some ideas about the weekend flight.

Thanks again.
Later
Sludge

Paco

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 09:53:59 pm »
Guys,

I use TS a lot for both Falcon and Arma, one minor problem.   You need a dedicated server.  It is good since there is a PTT feature which is lacking in skype.   We could use the FSX comms, just designate freqs for whatever.  As for this Saturday, we'll see...it's really nice and as Sludge said, I got a little boy who needs to be outside with his dad.  I fixed the grill last weekend and cleaned out the garage today.  Spring cleaning is in full swing.  I might be up, might not.

Paco

Paco

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 09:56:49 pm »
All,

BTW, I just ordered the new scenery by FTX, Pacific Northwest (fullterrain.com).  Anybody got it?  Hopefully it's all it's supposed to be.
Paco

Orion

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 04:38:58 am »
So you're saying 4 VRS planes per session?

All,

BTW, I just ordered the new scenery by FTX, Pacific Northwest (fullterrain.com).  Anybody got it?  Hopefully it's all it's supposed to be.
Paco
No comment.  If I did, it would turn into a ENORMOUS rant, probably inappropriate for a public forum.

Paco

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 04:51:19 am »
A/B...

Well, one way we can do it is to give it a try and if it fails, it fails.  We can see who liked having separate channels and who didnt and just go from there.  Leave up to the players.  And Im starting to think the TeamSpeak PTT is a good idea no matter what we end up with.  As far as the SuperBug, Im just planning in case its a killer inside of a multi session, nothing more.  If it works OK, we can scrap all the ideas we talked about for multiple sessions and fly all day.  As I said, Im just throwing ideas out there to be prepared, thats all.

CAPT H...

Glad to hear from ya.  Yeah, will check out that site when I get home.  Ive heard that TeamSpeak can be "hot key'd" so you can use FUNC keys to switch channels in-game?  Dont have any real knowledge of it, but will find out more when I get home.

Later
Sludge

When I used TS for Falcon, we had keybinds that allowed us to switch channels without leaving the game.  Works really cool.  We'd have different freqs for different strike packages and we'd switch from freq to freq as the tactical situation dictated.  You're talking fairly highend for a bunch of gamers.  I played on multiviper, stayed away from the formal squadrons....they got super anal.
Paco

Madadog

• VFR Reviews
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 08:36:48 am »
No comment.  If I did, it would turn into a ENORMOUS rant, probably inappropriate for a public forum.

I could see that happening. Even Gordon Ramsey would be saying "Mind your language"!
Adam "Madadog" Johnson.

“Madadog, 1.5 miles. Madadog, roger ball, yaddi, yaddi, yadda."
"Hmm...I am a bit left. Are you sure you can't move the carrier over a bit?"

Sucotash

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2010, 08:33:46 pm »
Yeah, Orion's been in Hells Kitchen for the past couple of weeks waiting to get his rig back from the shop. ;D
You're in the slot!