Author Topic: Sim Update 12 and GSX - BIG Improvements  (Read 15818 times)

HeicoH

Re: Sim Update 12 and GSX - BIG Improvements
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2023, 03:36:11 am »
@Umberto:

Let me rephrase.

I do not use Microsoft/Asobo airports
I do not buy 3rd party airports on Marketplace.
I only use 3rd party Airports bought from the developers and/or resellers. Hence, they are not encrypted.

Q1: Does enabling the SU12 Navdata option have any advantages for me?
Q2: Does enabling the SU12 Navdata option have any disadvantages for me?

If A1 = yes -> which?
if A2 = yes -> which?

If A1 = no and/or A2 = yes -> how can I disable the SU12 Navdata option?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 03:37:54 am by HeicoH »
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2023, 03:52:30 am »
Q1: Does enabling the SU12 Navdata option have any advantages for me?

We are inside a thread that started with a video that explained all of this. Have you seen the video ? If yes, what's not so unclear about the BIG improvement the SU12 Navdata offers with ANY airport that has JETWAYS ?

The Marketplace encryption issue was solved with the SU10 API so yes, if you never bought a Marketplace airport, you have the Standard MSFS ( that doesn't come with any encrypted airports ), maybe the SU10 Navdata option wasn't that useful, apart from the benefits of not having to deal with the airport cache, its regenerations, and any related issues of having to read files in the Community folder.

But SU12 is completely different, because ( as the video clearly explains ), the new data we are getting about Jetways, we never had it before, neither with the Navdata, nor with the .BGL so yes, SU12 Navadata dramatically improves how GSX works with ANY airport with Jetways, completely unrelated to the Marketplace.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2023, 04:14:41 am »
This is a 3rd party add on I bought. FlyTampa KLAS.

That's the same of my screenshot.

Before the latest update, the jetways didn’t work and I had to find a profile to make them work. Should I remove the profile now?

I'd start with that.

HeicoH

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2023, 04:23:14 am »
Let me see if I got it correctly:

With SU12 Navdata API GSX can now get correct information about the jetways (and maybe taxiways, etc.?) without any workaround.

Does that mean we do not need any GSX airport profiles anymore?
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2023, 04:32:06 am »
With SU12 Navdata API GSX can now get correct information about the jetways (and maybe taxiways, etc.?) without any workaround.

That should have been clear, had you followed the video that opened this thread. And no, we always got correct information about everything else (taxiway, runways, parking spots), SU12 is basically Jetways, at least as far GSX is concerned. Please look the video, it explains everything.

Does that mean we do not need any GSX airport profiles anymore?

Why you think a GSX profile could possibly have anything to do with Jetways ? 

The only thing which might have improved how jetway worked before, was the custom jetway floor height, to specify the height of the jetway at its root, and we still need a profile for THIS specific information, since not even SU12 provide it, because it's not something even the simulator itself has. That would only improve passengers walking at the correct height, in case it's different than the default ( both default and GSX jetways have a floor at 4.6 mt from ground, the manual obviously explains that too ).

Other than that, a profile could only be used to improve the vehicle positions, doing custom pushbacks, adding docking systems, adding custom remote deicing areas. Nothing that would change how the jetway worked, other than the aforementioned root floor height.

RogePete

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2023, 09:15:13 am »
I don’t understand your last question. This is a 3rd party add on I bought. FlyTampa KLAS.

Before the latest update, the jetways didn’t work and I had to find a profile to make them work. Should I remove the profile now?

My case is a very special case. Normaly everything should work with the new GSX version. The only case, where this change could have a negative effect is, when someone provided a modified bgl file (that's part of the scenery/airport, NOT the GSX profile itself) for GSX to read.
If the original airport scenery (default or addon) has a working airport bgl, everything will be fine (which will be the case with most of default or addon airports). If not, and GSX can't handle a faulty original bgl file, we (profile builders) right now have no chance to workaround this issue.

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2023, 09:46:36 am »
Changelog please?
TheCaptain3618

kingnorris

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2023, 12:54:21 pm »
This is a 3rd party add on I bought. FlyTampa KLAS.

That's the same of my screenshot.

I'd start with that.

Ok. Will report back later. Thanks.

kingnorris

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2023, 10:51:13 pm »
No dice. I disabled the 3rd party Add-on in settings, removed the custom profile, customized the parking position, etc and the jetway at KLAS Flytampa just doesn’t move at all.

Worked fine before the update.

Wish I could roll it back.

Best I could do is disable the .BGL and let the default jetway do its thing. Now I don’t have the sounds and signage.

Ah well.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 11:04:45 pm by kingnorris »

Justinthomas7

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2023, 09:42:14 am »
This update is awesome, well done!  Menu is so responsive, jetways working perfectly.

We're pretty much back to full P3D functionality.

Any idea how you'll tackle the multi jetway functions going forward?  I assume when PMDG bring out their 777 people will be asking for it - whether that gets done in the core game or a MSFS2020 version of SODE.  Either way, it has to happen surely.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2023, 09:50:47 am »
No dice. I disabled the 3rd party Add-on in settings, removed the custom profile, customized the parking position, etc and the jetway at KLAS Flytampa just doesn’t move at all.

Worked fine before the update.

Wish I could roll it back.

As I said ( and tested, of course, see the screenshot ), Jetways at FT KLAS works perfectly fine.

The problem is not our update, otherwise they wouldn't work at all, the problem must be some conflict you have caused by another scenery. This assumes your report of having disabled KLAS from GSX replacement, which is the most likely cause of the problem but, since you said you have done that and you also said you removed a custom profile as well, it leaves the "another scenery in conflict" as the only possible reason left.

It "worked before", because in the previous version, GSX would need to use a ( very unreliable  ) search method to find jetways, now it doesn't do anything like that and it just asks the sim where they are.

This means, however unreliable the old method was, it might be less exposed to scenery conflicts. Now if you have a conflict, GSX will get that as well. But using the proper Navdata is much better, because the old method has all the issues that have been clearly explained in the video so no, we are not going back, you just need to be sure you don't have conflicting sceneries.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 09:52:42 am by virtuali »

Leccu

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2023, 06:44:26 am »
Hi,

Is there something I don't understand, I already have GSX Pro, do I have to pay again to have this update?

Thanks

Luciano

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2023, 08:26:03 am »
Is there something I don't understand, I already have GSX Pro, do I have to pay again to have this update?

It's just a normal update that is installed automatically by running the FSDT Live Update.

Leccu

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2023, 12:31:17 am »
Okay. Because I have already done it but in some paying airports the passengers keep walking out of Jetways

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2023, 11:43:23 am »
Okay. Because I have already done it but in some paying airports the passengers keep walking out of Jetways

Please clarify what do you mean with "walking out of Jetways".

If they are just sticking out of it, because the jetway is either too low or too high, that's a completely different issue that doesn't have anything to do with SU12, since nothing in the SU12 give any info about the location of the jetway floor or its height, so GSX by default assume a certain height, but you can customized it. This is of course explained in the manual, in the "Custom Jetway Floor heights" chapter at Page 71.

If, instead, the scenery you are referring to has non-standard jetways, like the T-shaped ones that moves only in one direction, that's not something really supported by the SU12 API, which assumes a jetway made like the default one so, some developers have devised creative ways to make it work, the info we get from the API is not enough, you can find these at ENBR, for example. To support these jetways, it will be required extra customization on the GSX airport profile, and will be included in the next update.

If, instead, the jetways looks standard, you are sure you have update GSX and you still have passengers taking completely wrong routes, it's likely your problem has been caused by Simconnect being too overloaded by other add-ons, most likely AI Traffic products that inject too many AI, exceeding the maximum number of objects in the simulation, which results GSX just not getting the data it needs from the simulator, because Simconnect communication became erratic.

So, please clarify exactly what's your case and where this happens.