Author Topic: The latest update has taken away pushback.  (Read 971 times)

valkriexb70

The latest update has taken away pushback.
« on: March 21, 2023, 04:00:15 am »
 I thought it was just me, but after trying different aircraft, different airports I get the same old waiting for clearance to be given. Or waiting for other actions to be completed. There is one catch to just backing out of the chocks the old way,,, when you get to your destination you have no nose wheel steering. Anyone else have this problem?

After more painful investigation, I have found that you NOW Use the "ULTIMATE GROUND CREW X": 1. Must establish a pushback path before anything else. 2. Continue with the other load requirements as required.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 09:49:12 am by valkriexb70 »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: The latest update has taken away pushback.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 01:41:14 pm »
So Ultimate Ground Crew X is not an FSDreamteam product, so I don't really know how you expect anyone here to provide support for it. It's FS2Crew you need to be checking with for support.
Captain Kevin

dva3672

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 07:21:51 pm »
Can confirm that pushback does NOT work anymore.  As soon as the process starts the tug asks to set parking brakes immediately.  Then the script fails. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 08:42:38 pm »
Can confirm that pushback does NOT work anymore.  As soon as the process starts the tug asks to set parking brakes immediately.  Then the script fails.

The problem reported here doesn't have anything to do with that you think the problem was, which is already fixed in the current update anyway.

Only the *subject* of this thread suggest this, but if you read the first post carefully, the OP realized the pushback now is just different, and more similar to what another product does.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 08:44:34 pm by virtuali »

dva3672

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 10:25:57 pm »
Different as in it didn't work? As soon as you asked for push, it would ask you to set parking brakes.  That's not "different."  That is broken.  I've updated daily for the last few days.  I swear that every time I ask about something here it is met with passive aggressive responses.

JBurn826

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2023, 10:35:21 pm »

I can also confirm this. Once pushed back from stand or even midway through pushback the script stops working. This is with the march 24 update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2023, 10:59:00 pm »
This is with the march 24 update.

And that's precisely why I said it was immediately fixed. We had more than one update today.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2023, 11:05:16 pm »
Different as in it didn't work?

But that's NOT what this post was about and, as I've said already, the OP realized it wasn't "broken", it was changed, and that's what I meant with "different".

What you are reporting, doesn't have anything to do with this, and it was just a problem we had for a very short amount of time today, because a file required for an update hasn't been refreshed correctly, but it was fixed very shortly after it was found out.

In this "different" case yes, for a short while today, the Pushback didn't work, but it surely does now.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2023, 01:24:09 pm »
I am on the latest version of GSX having run LiveUpdate yesterday afternoon. I use P3D v5.3 HF2.

My PMDG737-800 was positioned at Gate B15 at FlyTampa KBOS. For the pushback I selected the Custom option as the gate position was angled to the taxiway.

After choosing the pushback position I pressed Y to return to the aircraft cockpit. Immediately Couatl crashed but I didn't retain the log as I selected for Couatl to restart. I couldn't select any GSX options as a message appeared and was hard to read. I slewed back and taxiied as normal.

This is a new problem for me with custom pushback.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.