Author Topic: No ADD-ON menu entry in FSX (only as user)  (Read 5866 times)

sniffer

No ADD-ON menu entry in FSX (only as user)
« on: October 19, 2008, 06:53:23 pm »
After installing Zurich for FSX, i have no ADD-ON menu entry in my user account  ??? and the scenery is incomplete visible.
If i start as administrator everthing ok. Installed FSX under C:\FSX. User has full access. Thanks for help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No ADD-ON menu entry in FSX (only as user)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 06:57:57 pm »
If i start as administrator everthing ok. Installed FSX under C:\FSX. User has full access. Thanks for help.

Apparently, your user doesn't really have admin access, otherwise you shouldn't see any different between starting as Administrator and starting with an user with admin rights.

If you can't or don't want to change your user permissions, you can change the FSX shortcut to execute FSX as administrator.

You can also try running the Zurich installed as Administrator instead.

sniffer

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 07:14:50 pm »
Found the solution  ;D   missing dll.xml file in user > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > FSX > thanks.

waltch

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 10:51:25 pm »
Hello

I seem to have the same problem as sniffer.
I also install all my programs under a 'administrator' user, but prefer to play FSX under a normal user without administrator rights.

The LSZH and LSGG sceneries only show up when I start as the administrator user (or if I start FSX under the normal user with administrator rights).

I also tried sniffer's solution to copy the the dll.xml file into AppData-Roaming-Microsoft-FSX folder of the normal user.
Now the addon menue entry shows up in FSX also for that user and I was also able to enter the Serial number there (LSZH and LSGG are active), however, the sceneries still only show up when I start FSX with administrator rights.

Is there anything else I have to do to start the program also as a normal user?

Regards
Walter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 12:35:53 am »
Is there anything else I have to do to start the program also as a normal user?

No, our products will only work with user accounts that have admin rights.

Note that, IT DOESN'T mean you have to run FSX with Admin rights. You are forced to do this, only because your user account doesn't have admin rights.

However, under Vista or Win7, even if your user account does have admin rights FSX (or any other program you launch that doesn't have a shield in its icon), will NOT run with Admin rights anyway. Using a user account that HAS Admin rights, FSX will not run with admin rights, unless you explicitely say so using the "Run as Administrator" command. BUT, the difference in this case, is that our products (any many others) will run without problems.

So, under Vista or Win7, there are no reasons not to enable admin rights to your normal user account, since applications (FSX included) will not run with admin rights anyway (unless you say so) so, there's no difference in security in this case.

waltch

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 09:47:15 am »
Hi

Okay, thanks for explaining this to me. So I need to have admin rights on my user account to see FSDT sceneries.

Regards
Walter