Author Topic: KCLT - Improvements Needed  (Read 1924 times)

B777ER

KCLT - Improvements Needed
« on: March 05, 2023, 05:27:57 am »
So I just purchased KCLT for MSFS. I am flying mainly corporate jets right now. I must say, after landing at KCLt at night, was very disappointed with it. It has a feeling of being uncompleted when compared to other sceneries I have from say iniBuilds when it comes to small details.

For instance, there is no night lighting to light up anything at the GA Ramp or ANG ramp east of 18L/36R. There are a few tiny lights that cast zero light that are against a couple buildings but for the most part, it looks like a blackout on the eastern side of the airport. I see 1 light pole by the building by taxiway D3. Can you all please add some light poles to light up the GA Ramp and the ANG ramps?

Also, there a two static Delta aircraft on the GA Ramp. Why? If anything, add some GA types, not Delta Md-88's or B717's.

Finally, there are zero signs or names on the buildings on the eastern side by the GA or ANG ramps. All you have to do is look at Google maps, 3D mode and one can see the big Wilson Air Center in blue lettering (which is lit at night) at the GA ramp.  Why isnt this in the scenery?
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT - Improvements Needed
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 12:17:04 pm »
So I just purchased KCLT for MSFS. I am flying mainly corporate jets right now. I must say, after landing at KCLt at night, was very disappointed with it. It has a feeling of being uncompleted when compared to other sceneries I have from say iniBuilds when it comes to small details.

Your comparison with iniBuilds doesn't make much sense because, KCLT for MSFS is CLEARLY presented, even in its name "KCLT V2"!, as a conversion from P3D.

An extremely good conversion, because lots of it has been remade, a whole new terminal has been added, good-performing LODs have been placed everywhere ( don't see anything about fps in your "disappointment" ), all materials has been remade in PBR and increased resolution, the "AFCAD" has been completely remade, but it IS a conversion nonetheless, and it's sold for a very low price than other airport of a comparable size, like iniBuilds KLAX.

For instance, there is no night lighting to light up anything at the GA Ramp or ANG ramp east of 18L/36R. There are a few tiny lights that cast zero light that are against a couple buildings but for the most part, it looks like a blackout on the eastern side of the airport. I see 1 light pole by the building by taxiway D3. Can you all please add some light poles to light up the GA Ramp and the ANG ramps?

This can be done.

Also, there a two static Delta aircraft on the GA Ramp. Why? If anything, add some GA types, not Delta Md-88's or B717's.

Not really sure why, there must have been a reason for it, since they were in the P3D version and nobody ever complained about those in almost 6 years the scenery originally came out.

Finally, there are zero signs or names on the buildings on the eastern side by the GA or ANG ramps. All you have to do is look at Google maps, 3D mode and one can see the big Wilson Air Center in blue lettering (which is lit at night) at the GA ramp.  Why isnt this in the scenery?

Yes, I agree the whole GA area could be improved with signs and better night lighting. Again, you are the first ever complaining about this, which doesn't mean your remarks are not valid but, it seems you are still missing the point of this being a conversion, with a price that reflects that.

B777ER

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 07:33:53 pm »
As a suggestion, perhaps make it much better and charge a price for the upgrade and then roll that price into the product as a whole for those that have not purchased yet. While you mention I’m the first to “complain”, I prefer the first to “suggest improvements”. The base foundation of KCLT is there and you all for sure have the capability of making it a lot better. I’m just asking you all to do it. I would gladly pay for a nice feature rich and proper KCLT.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 02:55:35 am by virtuali »
Eric

jtprophet

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 10:17:27 pm »
I'd like to add to this conversation if I may; I do love the fact that all the passenger terminals including the E gates have been nicely placed and done and the overall appearance of KCLT is beautiful.
The major point I'd like to add is the AI behavior; currently only the North-South (18,36) runways are being used for takeoffs and landing in real life; 5/23 has not been used for quite a while and is basically used a s a taxiway now; is it possible to disable the option for AI traffic to use this runway altogether? Secondly I find that AI are crossing 18C/36C and proceeding to 18R/36L for takeoff this never happens for this runway it only receives arrival traffic. Its a real pleasure to inject real traffic using FSTL but very disappointing when they dont follow real world guidelines. I would indeed pay for additional updates/fixes as this is my hometown airport? By the way I bought the scenery via the Microsoft Store assuming the latest update is also available there?

Thank-you,

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 02:56:56 am »
As a suggestion, perhaps make it much better and charge a price for the upgrade and then roll that price into the product as a whole for those that have not purchased yet.

Of course there's an upgrade price for KCLT, and we sent an email to all that purchased the P3D version, to take advantage of the offer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 03:01:18 am »
currently only the North-South (18,36) runways are being used for takeoffs and landing in real life; 5/23 has not been used for quite a while and is basically used a s a taxiway now; is it possible to disable the option for AI traffic to use this runway altogether?

This has been already discussed in this forum:

Of course we disabled runway 5/23 for both takeoffs and landings but, the problem is the AI system in MSFS doesn't honor that flag, so it's clearly something that should be fixed in the sim, it seems that Beta 12 AI is getting several improvements, let's just hope they'll fix this, so people won't thing that weird AI behavior is a fault of the scenery, when we surely set the correct flags to do exactly what you are asking.

MediumRareBaku

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 06:53:47 am »
I, for one, would very much like to see some texture improvements over at the main terminal. I acknowledge and respect it as a conversion, but it's definitely getting a bit long in the tooth. I would certainly be willing to pay an upgrade fee or full price for a new version.

A possible interim suggestion -- opaque terminal windows to replace the clear ones that show the interior which is, in my view, too bright, too low a resolution, and too repetitive and non representational of Charlotte's interior.

I echo the other user's views on the GA ramp and would also like to see better lighting and more detail over there.