Author Topic: Have to restart Couatl  (Read 1229 times)

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
Have to restart Couatl
« on: February 08, 2023, 06:46:18 pm »
Do anyone of you are experiencing have to restart every time when you land one of any FSDT's airports to bring all jetways back?

Sooooo annoyed!!

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
Re: Have to restart Couatl
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 11:20:46 pm »
Yes. Today at Pilot’s Alicante - LEAL. Umberto cannot fix it as he cannot replicate it.

Well buy Alicante for P3D and it can be replicated.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 11:39:27 am »
Yes. Today at Pilot’s Alicante - LEAL. Umberto cannot fix it as he cannot replicate it. Well buy Alicante for P3D and it can be replicated.

I have already been given instructions to "easily" reproduce the problem, for example here, by slewing from YJAB to YPDN:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28823.msg188078.html#msg188078

So, of course I tried it and guess what, all was fine:

https://youtu.be/rmfneuQo4sc

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 02:18:43 pm »
Umberto, then please try my suggestion if you have Alicante.

Same problem at Milan Malpensa.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 02:47:52 pm »
Umberto, then please try my suggestion if you have Alicante.

I don't have any 3rd party scenery in P3D. But it would be useful to know which kind of jetways that scenery comes with or, even better, if you changed them and replaced them with GSX.

Should I assume default ? What do you mean with "at Milan" ? Landing there ? From where ? Starting there ?

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 08:29:47 pm »
Umberto, I’m surprised you have only a default build. Surely buying a couple of third party airports would enhance your enjoyment of P3D and help you solve a problem affecting so many. Malpensa is an Aerosoft package I’m sure.

I’ll check the gates at both airports and report back. I’ve used many of Cartayna’s contributions. Can’t see those being the cause. He is very clever and those worked perfectly for a long time until an update to GSX broke something which sadly you can’t reproduce.
Cheers,
Ray.

trisho0

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 09:56:02 pm »
Do anyone of you are experiencing have to restart every time when you land one of any FSDT's airports to bring all jetways back?

Sooooo annoyed!!
+1; with FSX I have to restart Couatl every time after arrival to restore GSX jetways from any airport. Otherwise, floating or sunken jetways. P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 appears OK. I didn't have such before August from last year.
I run FSDT Installer to update GSX more than once every single day.
Patricio Valdes

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2023, 01:29:37 am »
Umberto, I’m surprised you have only a default build. Surely buying a couple of third party airports would enhance your enjoyment of P3D and help you solve a problem affecting so many. Malpensa is an Aerosoft package I’m sure.
I'm curious as to how often he actually gets to fly to where he would have time to enjoy P3D versus development and troubleshooting things.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2023, 09:22:53 am »
+1; with FSX I have to restart Couatl every time after arrival to restore GSX jetways from any airport.

Of course it cannot be from "any airport" because, if it *really* happened on "any" airport, including those with:

- standard jetways

- custom jetways using custom model with the standard system

- their own SODE jetways

This would be a clear indication the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX but of course, since you said restarting Couatl after arrival will restore them, this can only possibly affect those airports that have their jetways replaced by GSX.

So, again, it would be useful to know EXACTLY:

- which airport is and who made it.

- if you are using a GSX custom profile for it and who made it

miata54

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2023, 03:43:09 pm »
Umberto:

This is a perfect opportunity for you to give FSX and P3D users a quick remedy to this annoying problem, by simply creating a HOTKEY for a Couatl Restart, until this problem is resolved. This has been previously suggested. Why the delay?

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2023, 03:48:14 pm »
I don't have any 3rd party scenery in P3D. But it would be useful to know which kind of jetways that scenery comes with or, even better, if you changed them and replaced them with GSX.

Should I assume default ? What do you mean with "at Milan" ? Landing there ? From where ? Starting there ?

The ini file I use for Milan Malpensa and PIlot's Alicante is attached. That should give you all the info you requested as to the jetway types etc. Both were designed by Cartanya - an expert who has produced many for P3D airports.
Cheers,
Ray.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2023, 03:49:59 pm »
The ini file I use for Milan Malpensa and PIlot's Alicante is attached.

No word who made Milan Malpensa file. The only indication I see is the .bgl name:

LIMC_ADEP5_RAY.bgl

Which is clearly not default so, who made this and how I can find it ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2023, 03:58:27 pm »
This is a perfect opportunity for you to give FSX and P3D users a quick remedy to this annoying problem, by simply creating a HOTKEY for a Couatl Restart, until this problem is resolved. This has been previously suggested. Why the delay?

Fact something has been already suggested, doesn't mean it's automatically a good idea adding it so no, it won't be added, because it will take way more effort than fixing the problem in the first place.

But as I've said, multiple times, I haven't been unable to replicate it yet ( I could, with some effort, before the last fix ), but that's just because I'm having a very hard time obtaining precise reproductions steps, like the precise, exact, indication how it happens, the airport involved, the precise kind of jetway they had without installing GSX and the kind of jetway used now, any custom profile for GSX and, possibly, some indication on ANYTHING that MIGHT have any effect on the ground elevation, like mesh products, landclass products, etc.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2023, 04:25:23 pm »
No word who made Milan Malpensa file. The only indication I see is the .bgl name:

LIMC_ADEP5_RAY.bgl

Which is clearly not default so, who made this and how I can find it ?

That's my edited AFCAD using the original. No drastic changes. Just cleaning up faults found in ADE.
Cheers,
Ray.