Author Topic: Reinstall issues  (Read 1595 times)

jackryan

Reinstall issues
« on: February 07, 2023, 03:59:12 pm »
Hi,

I upgraded the CPU on my machine (win 10) and I have been having issues with reinstalling my fs9 fsdt sceneries:
here is what I have done so far:

Removed all the CLoud9 and FSdreamteam sceneries as well as the addon manager.  I went through the registry and the filesystem and deleted any mention of esellerate including the .dll in /windows.  I rebooted and then proceeded to reinstall one scenery (KLAS) in this case and then installed the newest download of addon manager 1.9.2.  When I try to activate my scenery I am still being sent to the esellerate system, and then fs9 hangs.  Is there something I am missing?  I just want my sceneries installed and running.

Thanks,
Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Reinstall issues
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 11:32:38 am »
You just need to be sure the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 is the LAST thing you install. Even you install another scenery after it, you MUST reinstall the  Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 again.

jackryan

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 01:52:02 pm »
I do install it last.  Does it need to be installed as administrator?  I have tried everything I can think of to get it to install cleanly. 

Thanks,
Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 01:54:56 pm »
- Disable the firewall

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole FS9 folder

- Reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9

- If that doesn't work, restart Windows and try again.

jackryan

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 04:50:38 pm »
Hi,

This is the screen I get when I am trying activate my KLAS scenery after I have followed all of your steps above including the reboot of my PC and reinstalling KLAS and the addon manager with the firewall and antivirus software turned off.

bcm652

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 01:33:01 am »
Just a suggestion. One quick question, are you able to run Fight Simulator 2004 with Windows 10 and is your Windows 10, 32 bit or 64 bit. Flight Simulator 2004 is not compatible with windows 10, 64 bit and it will not run, even with a security update.
If your Win 10 is 64 bit, I would suggest you to install the MS Flight Simulator in a compatibility mode(win 7) and check if it helps. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 10:24:01 am »
This is the screen I get when I am trying activate my KLAS scenery after I have followed all of your steps above including the reboot of my PC and reinstalling KLAS and the addon manager with the firewall and antivirus software turned off.

You must have done something wrong because, the current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager doesn't even have Esellerate in, since Esellerate closed in 2019, so we replaced it with Soraco/QLM.

So, either:

- you haven't installed the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 as the LAST thing you do

- you installed a scenery after the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, if you do that, you must reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 again

- your antivirus is blocking the update to the current Addon Manager, because you haven't added the whole FS9 folder to the antivirus exclusions

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2023, 10:24:56 am »
Our products, and FS9 itself, works under Windows 10 without any need to change anything in the Compatibility settings.

rneale

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2023, 03:16:23 pm »
im having the same issue as above just got a new pc copied all my FS9 scenery over to it and when trying to activate FSDreamTeam stuff it dont work. ive installed the standalone addon manger disabled firewall and anti virus and still no luck keeps sending me to that esellerate system. i have managed to get it to ask for the activation code  but it brings up more boxes than my serial number has characters.

Russ

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2023, 03:34:43 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm the current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager doesn't even have Esellerate in, since Esellerate closed in 2019, so we replaced it with Soraco/QLM.

So, either:

- you haven't installed the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 as the LAST thing you do

- you installed a scenery after the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, if you do that, you must reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 again

- your antivirus is blocking the update to the current Addon Manager, because you haven't added the whole FS9 folder to the antivirus exclusions

rneale

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2023, 03:41:03 pm »
ive installed the addon manager as the last thing ive installed i even checked the size difference of the .bgl files in modules that it installed to know i have them in. with regards to the fsdreamteam menu it dose not change in anyway to prove its running the latest's addon manger but i have disabled antivirus fully so it will not mess with FS9 or any other files?

jackryan

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2023, 03:48:22 pm »
I just reinstalled the add on manager from the download link at https://www.fsdreamteam.com/update/setup_addonmanager.exe this is the bglman info from that install.  Is that the right version of the bglman.dll?

Sean

rneale

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2023, 04:03:41 pm »
I have the same should it not be 1.9.2?  :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2023, 04:16:03 pm »
The version number seems to be ok but, I'm not entirely sure which was the previous version or if the version changed. The only sure way to know if you have the correct version, is checking the date of the Digital Signature, which is supposed to be April 29th, 2020.

If you have the latest version, the only possible reason why you still see that screen is that something ( firewall or antivirus ), is preventing to connect to the activation server, so it's triggering the old Esellerate offline activation, which is still there to prevent a forced reactivation even to users that never change any hardware or reinstalled Windows, which would otherwise happened if we removed every trace of Esellerate in the program.

But normally, if there's no external interference that would prevent the program from connecting to the internet, the regular online activation will happen on the new servers.

jackryan

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2023, 04:59:51 pm »
So it looks like I have the right dll.  so now I will look at Windows defender network/firewall to see if there is some magic there that I am not seeing. 

Thanks,
Sean