Author Topic: GSX Re-install issue  (Read 702 times)

Captain45

GSX Re-install issue
« on: February 06, 2023, 04:35:58 pm »
After a cleanup of my flightsim PC with W10 fresh installed on an 'empty' computer, I installed P3Dv5.3.
After download GSX incl. Level2 I tried to register through the Add-on Manager.
That ran into an error popup showing:
Esellerate ERROR code 0x80004005
Unknown error code
Trying to activate GSX

The same goes for Level 2.

It would be nice to know how to solve this.

Dirk
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 05:54:19 pm by virtuali »
PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.5; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -various, Chaseplane, GSX. Notebook: AS4-ASCA,  AivlaSoft EFB.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Re-install issue
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 05:56:48 pm »
You must be crazy posting your order numbers here, somebody might used that data and steal your keys! There is a reason why we clearly explain that ANY questions about orders and activation should always be posted on the support email, and this is precisely way.

In any case, the generic solution for your problem is:

- Turn off the firewall

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Add-on Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions list.

- Download and install the new FSDT Universal Installer:

https://www.virtualisoftware.com/update/FSDT_Universal_Installer.exe

- Install it and use it to Update GSX and other FSDT products you might have.

If still doesn't work, try to RESTART Windows after installing the Universal Installer. If you still have problems, contact support by email, address is on the "Contact Us" page of this site.

Captain45

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 12:28:34 pm »
You must be crazy posting your order numbers here

No, I am most certainly not crazy. Thank you for adressing me so kindly. I am just a very long time happy user of FSDT products.

I ran into this issue because apparantly the FSDT installer program is the place to activate (not yet download) and the AddonManager program has not been updated with a warning that the activation function is no longer valid.
If you, as a software producer, decides to change policies it is common sence to seal things off. At least... that was what I was doing during my 25 years in IT.

Have a nice day and keep smiling,
 :) Dirk
PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.5; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -various, Chaseplane, GSX. Notebook: AS4-ASCA,  AivlaSoft EFB.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 12:28:34 pm »
I ran into this issue because apparantly the FSDT installer program is the place to activate (not yet download) and the AddonManager program has not been updated with a warning that the activation function is no longer valid.

This is just your assumption, which is wrong.

The Addon Manager can STILL be used to activate any FSDT product in FSX/P3D so no, no "policy" has changed here. What you are getting is a PROBLEM, because some of the updates which are required hasn't been installed correctly for some reason.

That's why I listed a procedure that should fix your problem.

If you find easier to use the FSDT Installer to activate, sure it is, but you can still use the Addon Manager, nothing changed.