Author Topic: Flickering & Bleeding issue  (Read 42938 times)

mikpen14

Re: Flickering & Bleeding issue
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 03:33:27 am »
I landed on 8L yesterday coming from Tahiti and had the bleeding issue.

When I flew from Honolulu later that day from 8L she was fine.

B737Timmer

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 03:21:10 am »
I have an ATI card also with the most recent drivers. When I landed at about 150 knots I too had this bleed issue. I also noticed some large light grey flashes coming from the airport on the approach. JFK and ORD do not do this for me.

Thanks

9Y-POS

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 03:55:54 am »
I have an ATI card also with the most recent drivers. When I landed at about 150 knots I too had this bleed issue. I also noticed some large light grey flashes coming from the airport on the approach. JFK and ORD do not do this for me.

Thanks

I see a light grey cover on the airport on approach too but didn't quite no what it was, it's extremely noticeable at dusk and dawn, very pronounced at those times, definitely a common thread here if somehow we can just get down to the bottom of this issue ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 10:35:45 am »
Seeing a flat grey polygon on approach, that will be eventually texture when closing down, it's normal, and it's not an indication of any problems.

jordanal

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 12:19:29 am »
FWIW, I too still see this green texture flickering through the runway texture when arriving on 08L.  It doesn't appear until I'm actually on the ground after flying in from LAX unsing the PMDG 748i.
Regards,
Al

johndrago

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2010, 06:57:06 pm »
FWIW, I too still see this green texture flickering through the runway texture when arriving on 08L.  It doesn't appear until I'm actually on the ground after flying in from LAX unsing the PMDG 748i.

Can you confirm that you don't see it if you start at 8L?

Thanks,

John

johndrago

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2010, 10:52:27 pm »
Umberto,

Any luck on tracking down the issue with 8L, and why it only happens when flying to PHNL?

Thanks,

John

B777ER

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2010, 02:19:00 pm »
Put the new AFCAD in, did not help at all. Landed on 4R and all I saw was the default ground textures until I taxied off the runway near the terminal. Horrible looking. Makes landing at PHNL useless.
Eric

johndrago

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2010, 06:53:44 pm »
Virtuali,

Do you have anything else we can test to see if we can solve the issue on 8L?

Thanks,

John

jordanal

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2010, 07:06:56 pm »
And it's weird too.  Looking at the runway texture after landing with my PMDG 748i and remaining parked about 1/2 down 8L, as I panned around the aircraft in the outside view, only the portion of the runway directly underneath, or slightly in front of the aircraft conintued to flicker and blead through the concrete runway texture.

It's almost as if some kind of alpha channel texture conflict or something when close an aircaft.  Why only after landing from a long trip to PHNL is what gets me.  And after observing it for a good 5 minutes or so, I pulled off to the taxi-way and the flicker goes away from underneath the aircraft and is not observed on the taxi ways or tarmacs; only on the runway, directly under the bird.
Regards,
Al

johndrago

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2010, 07:17:05 pm »
And it's weird too.  Looking at the runway texture after landing with my PMDG 748i and remaining parked about 1/2 down 8L, as I panned around the aircraft in the outside view, only the portion of the runway directly underneath, or slightly in front of the aircraft conintued to flicker and blead through the concrete runway texture.

It's almost as if some kind of alpha channel texture conflict or something when close an aircaft.  Why only after landing from a long trip to PHNL is what gets me.  And after observing it for a good 5 minutes or so, I pulled off to the taxi-way and the flicker goes away from underneath the aircraft and is not observed on the taxi ways or tarmacs; only on the runway, directly under the bird.

Yes, I concur with your observations.  This is exactly what I'm seeing.  I'm perplexed as to why it happens after a long trip as well.  Very strange indeed.  Try an island-hop from PHKO to PHNL, and see if it does it.   I suspect it won't, but not sure yet.

Thanks for sharing.

- John

jordanal

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2010, 07:21:48 pm »
Ya know, my account just above was after testing an arrival with the 748i from a saved flight which begins just before the ToD, about 120nm to the northeast of Honolulu, down across the CHK arrival and back around into the 8L ILS.  I now recall, that I had just finished completely rebuilding my rig, upgrading from WinXP_x64 to Win7_x64, and noticed the same issue before and after the upgrade.  That's when I stopped on the runway to observe the flicker for quite some time - I was testing the rebuild using a saved-flight from about 100nm away, which was origionally created from a KLAX to PHNL flight a month or two earlier.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 07:25:22 pm by jordanal »
Regards,
Al

FunknNasty

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2010, 05:13:45 am »
I'm getting the same texture issues. I get them on both 4's and 8L -haven't landed on 'water'.  I get the issue even if my flight originates from a near by Island (phog or phto).  To avoid the texture issue, I reload the scenery library before approach into PHNL.  The funny thing is this; as long as the refreshed scenery library stays in memory I can travel the world and even exit FSX and  return to PHNL and not have the texture issue, but if I reboot my puter and return to FSX the texture issue will return unless I again rebuild the scenery library.

-Ken C.

p.s. I use FSG Hawaii V2.1   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2010, 10:33:17 am »
To avoid the texture issue, I reload the scenery library before approach into PHNL.

You can try a similar solution: there's a command in FSX which is not assigned to any key by default, that is called "Refresh Scenery". You might assign it to a free key, like CTRL+SHIFT+R, which might be convienient to use when approaching, and see if it has the same effect.

kiekar

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2010, 11:22:00 pm »
Hello,

Has this issue been solved? I'm still having problems with runway bleed through. Presently I have v 1.0.3 installed with the file I downloaded from this thread. I also have fsgensis v2 installed along with FS Dreamscapes NEXTMap ProMesh Hawaii. Each time I fly a flight plan from KSFO to PHNL using LVLD 767 and the NEXTMap ProMesh Hawaii disabled from the scenery library I still get the bleed through on runways 04R and 08L when landing. My system, if it does matter is Win 7 64 bit, i7 920 OC to 4.0, evga GTX 285, and mushkin DDR3 1600 6 7 6 18.

Karl
FSX Deluxe, Win7x 64, I7 920 OC 4.2, Muskin 6gb 6-7-6-48, Asus P6T Deluxe V2, EVGA GTX 570